AVWSL1200 toolrest post diameter?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oakbear

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes i know i have one!

I'm not a fan of the supplied toolrest (frankly it's doing my head in!). Anyway i've just discovered the conferenace i'm due to attend on Monday is in spitting distance of the Toolpost, and fancy a Sorby jobby.
I thought about dropping in, but can't get to my workshop to measure until i get back!

So anyone know what diameter i need please?

Thanks!

The following is from their specification list for the 1000
Model
AWVSL1000
Distance Between Centres
1,100mm (43.3")
Nett Weight
97kg
Overall L x W x H
1,680 x 470 x 1,155mm
Power
750W
Rating
Hobby
Speed
500-2,000rpm
Spindle Taper
2MT
Spindle Thread
1" x 8tpi (ref T04M)
Taper Tailstock
2MT
Tool Rest Stem Diameter
25mm
Max Diameter over Bed
350mm

Sorry got the wrong one there. the stem size is not listed in their specification. Would it be safe to assume that it is the same as the 1000

Fred

Oh could be the one i think, but honestly not sure.

I reckon it is around 25mm, and the other dimensions are metric, but the 1200 is generally bigger...

Anyone?

Thankyou that's brilliant! :D

It'll be nice not to have a tool rest 4 inches thick and half the bed length! 8)

ive just measured mine for you and can confirm its 25mm

by the way you might want to give peter helmsley a bell before you drop in as he doesnt keep that much in the way of lathe accesories in stock (he's generally got wivamacs and their associated gubbins and not much else) so he may or may not have a sorby tool rest.

what he does have is lots of lovely wood, a considerable range of toolage, lots of finish, and a decent range of clock mechs - take a credit card, and a big suitaces to smuggle the purchases past swimbo

I pass tool post nearly everyday on my way to work - and his stock is seriously hazardous to my wealth ;)

(also bear in mind that if you can get to didcot, its only a hop skip and a jump to wycombe and the big axminster store - up to the A329 J7 on the M40 then down to J4 - about 30 minuites.)

Back