Anyone tried a Treadmill desk

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian down london way

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to increase my exercise level, and generally get fitter before I retire (3 years and counting) and I'm looking at treadmill desks.
My work is desk bound (computer system designer), but I do work one and a half days a week from home (plus play games in the evening), so whilst my work won't buy them, I thought I'd try one at home.

Anyone out there got any experience of using one?

Cheers.

I wouldn't be able to concentrate on my work. I had to stop listening to podcasts at the gym as I found I couldn't concentrate on both the discussion as well as my exercise routine. But I think that is mostly because I'm often really pushing myself at the gym.

Perhaps this is more of a relaxed pace? .. which if so, probably won't provide much benefit after the "initial break in" period.

Or maybe I just can't multitask at all.

As I understand it, its about 1 or two miles an hour, for several hours - just strolling - maybe 100 calories an hour. Its partly about exercise, but also about not sitting for so long. As I drive an hour to and from work, plus an 8 hour sitting day, that's a very long time sitting - and that can't be good for me.

On the up side, buying one second hand, means that if I don't get on, I can sell it on at a similar price (I hope).

There are a few newspaper reports of journalists trying them for a day (when they were launched), but I can't find anyone who uses one "normally".

BugBear

There are a number of books too.
We shall see.
The first challenge is getting it back home. The treadmill part, which I don't think can be disassembled, is about 15cm longer than the horizontal space in the back of my car.

Latest posts

Back