25mm dia Oak dowel needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

promhandicam

Established Member
Reaction score
Would someone be able to turn me a length of oak - only about 200mm long and 25mm diameter - as I need to plug some holes that I drilled in an oak gate post for some fixing bolts? I would obviously be happy to cover any costs including materials labour and postage. I do however need it fairly quickly as the person who had agreed to do it for me has gone on holiday and won't be back for a couple of weeks. If you are local to me (Guildford / Godalming) I'd be happy to drop a piece of wood off and collect. PM me if you can help or you can find my contact details on my website.

Thanks in advance.

Steve
http://www.allford.co.uk

Steve,

Whilst I would do it for a beer you will get it quicker and cheaper from michael at www.plugitdowel.co.uk especially as I couldn't get it in the post 'till Thu and you aren't going to get a delivery on Friday!

1" (25.4mm) x 36" in oak should be about £6 all in.

my last order arrived next day - if you ring him you can clarify your urgency.

otoh if you can get someone who really is next door....

jumps":2xar75py said:
Steve,

Whilst I would do it for a beer you will get it quicker and cheaper from michael at http://www.plugitdowel.co.uk especially as I couldn't get it in the post 'till Thu and you aren't going to get a delivery on Friday!

1" (25.4mm) x 36" in oak should be about £6 all in.

my last order arrived next day - if you ring him you can clarify your urgency.

otoh if you can get someone who really is next door....

Thank you for the offer and for the suggestion of contacting Michael - very useful! If I don't hear from anyone local tonight then I will give them a call in the morning.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve,

I'm over near Basingstoke so not so far away, if you want to drop by on Friday or over the weekend I can turn it up for you while you're here having a cuppa if you like.

If you get somebody closer or quicker then obviously go for that, otherwise let me know what timing suits and we can go from there if you want.

Cheers, Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the offer - I'd be more than happy to meet up on Friday but I wouldn't be very popular with the wife :roll: I will try the company jumps linked to but if it doesn't work out then I might get in touch.

Cheers,

Steve

Latest posts

Back