Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wifey ( an artistic, creative sort) wanted some "flower vases". She produced some sketches - here they are...... oak and cherry.

Attachments

• 1C161A9D-F201-4E0C-8F55-A6E9AC9C7300.JPG
    1C161A9D-F201-4E0C-8F55-A6E9AC9C7300.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 364
  • D944D266-69E1-4A57-AB61-ED68181CB444.JPG
    D944D266-69E1-4A57-AB61-ED68181CB444.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 367
thetyreman":25rpucz3 said:
very nice! do you mind posting a pic with the pedals on once it's complete? I love seeing guitar rigs and pedalboards.

Will do. May be a while though as my brother’s still waiting for the fittings, power supply etc to be delivered. Plus we’re still on full lockdown in Wales atm, so wont see my brother for a while yet as i’m not as un-touchable as a certain chief advisor to the PM :lol:

From some scraps I had left over from other things, I made a box for my "kuub"* set (the bag it came in is a bit weak and starting to fray).

I also made the little oak mallet for knocking the pitch markers in. That fits into the space on the right hand side of the box

The rope handle for the box was a "plan B". Plan A was a wooden handle but that snapped off!

IMG_7518.jpeg

*Kuub is a Scandinavian game. It basically involves throwing bits of wood to knock over other bits of wood and is really good fun. Making the pieces for the game would be another good little project but I already had those.

Attachments

• IMG_7518.jpeg
    IMG_7518.jpeg
    255.7 KB · Views: 345
An evening’s work making a pair of draw knife sheaths using: some ash from a test-piece for a picture frame; some left over sapelle from a garden table build; and leather straps from a scrapped handbag.

Attachments

• DD05AD7D-6DB1-4DFE-8472-E2BB7E6259B7.jpeg
    DD05AD7D-6DB1-4DFE-8472-E2BB7E6259B7.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 201
NickM":1h2kh4q8 said:
*Kuub is a Scandinavian game. It basically involves throwing bits of wood to knock over other bits of wood and is really good fun. Making the pieces for the game would be another good little project but I already had those.

Made a Oak set a few years ago, sat under my bench ever since, gave it to a young family I know at start of lock down, they apparently have had a great time playing it, might get to have a go at some point.

Box looks good by the way.

I recently came across the idea of tensegrity for the first time and was intrigued enough to have a go. The stand comprises two 90 mm squares and stands approx 200 mm high - it is symmetrical so doesn't have a particular top or bottom.

I love the slightly surreal floating top shelf.

Tensegrity%20Stand%20Combined.jpg

I suspect Google gives a lot of us very similar YouTube recommendations - I couldn't resist making one of those as well. Oddly satisfying!

Fire pretty! (but lacquer drippy :( I'll have to recut this with 00 steel wool and add another coat tomorrow I think. It's always that last coat that gets me...)

IMG_4375a.jpg

IMG_4374a.jpg

IMG_4373a.jpg

IMG_4376a.jpg

Ash blank, about 5" across, burned the rim with a propane torch, brushed with a steel brush, burned again, cleaned with compressed air, sealed and rubbed gold embellishing wax into the grain before finishing all over with carnuba wax and lacquer.

A new cherry handle for an old Stanley 12 oz Warrington that belonged to my Dad.
Used spokeshaves, files and abrasives to shape. Finished with BLO.
IMG_2102.JPG
IMG_2113.JPG

Pete

Attachments

• IMG_2102.JPG
    IMG_2102.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 391
  • IMG_2113.JPG
    IMG_2113.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 386
To go with my lockdown baking, a pizza slice. Poplar (tulipwood) 7.5 mm thick, 340 mm wide to suit my pizza tile, maple handle. One coat of mineral oil.

certificates - 1.jpg

Attachments

• certificates - 1.jpg
    certificates - 1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 377
Is mineral oil the correct coating to use on a food item? genuine question, not trying to be a SA.

Back