Zeevac Limited

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inoffthered

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I have been looking for a vacuum chamber for wood stabilisation , preferably with a glass lid for use with Cactus Juice.

Has anyone had any recent experience of Zeevac Limited?

Their products and prices look ok on the web site but when ordering although the web site shows the logos for visa etc suggesting that they accept card payments when it came to it a bank transfer was required before delivery. OK , I can understand that but the request was to make the transfer to a bank account in a different company name (albeit owned by the same person I think).

Normally when buying anything from t'internet I prefer to use a card as it gives a bit of protection but a bank transfer into a different company did give me a concern as trying to sort out a dispute in the event of a problem could be a royal pain in the a**e.

I offered to pay cash and collect but although they had the item in stock "they were in the process of moving" so collection wasn't an option.

I would be interested in any feedback from recent customers of Zeevac.

Alternatively, if anyone has acquired a vacuum chamber that works with CJ I would be interested in details.

Sorry a bit off topic

How on earth does Trustpilot work? Every review gives them 1 star yet their overall rating is 2 star :?

You have to be a bit cynical, and ask yourself where trust pilots gets paid from. If they gave their customers low marks they would not get paid.
i never take notice of them (because nobody is more cynical than me). I read the reviews, totally ignore the best three and the worst two, and take an average of whats left.

Agree to a certain extent, but at least they do publish the bad reviews, I know I have written a lot. (hammer) The only thing about them I don't like is: who you are commenting about is allowed to reply, but you are not allowed to comment on the reply.

Mike

sunnybob":1m3xnqrg said:
You have to be a bit cynical, and ask yourself where trust pilots gets paid from. If they gave their customers low marks they would not get paid.

This is why, if we get bad reviews (even if the customer has been a complete dick), we leave them up. We've never removed a review and likely never will. Originally we responded, but found that the dick ones just made more whiney noises about us spending time replying to their critisisms. Now we don't bother. Any sensible person can see if the reviewer is being unreasonable.

btw, if you review and they reply, you can edit your original review to either add more whiney content or to correct/clarify what you've previously written.

In the end it's entirely up to you if you put any stock in trustpilot reviews or not, just don't tar everyone with the same brush if they use them.

Mostly my whiny comments are on restaurants and service, don't think I have ever whined about a company, normally its all smiles, but its good to see what companies think of reviews. :wink:

Mike

I must say that although I've heard of Trust Pilot before, until today I've never read anything about/from them. But just out of interest I read the Trust Pilot link at the top of this thread about Zeevac (of whom I've never heard until today). There are total 4 posts in that link, all 4 are severely negative (one goes so far as to write "scam") and in all 4 cases, the money had been paid and the right goods (or in 2 cases no goods at all) were delivered. After some months, no refunds, nothing.

I therefore draw 2 conclusions:

1. Don't deal with this company Zeevac, and;

2. At least in this case, Trust Pilot has done a good job in that if I was in the market for this Zeevac gear I'd know not to deal with them. I don't know who pays them or how this TP thing works really sunnybob, but at least in this case, if TP are indeed relying on the company to pay them I guess that like Zeevac's customers, TP aren't going to get paid either!

Interesting.

MikeJhn":34wi93vi said:
Mostly my whiny comments are on restaurants and service, don't think I have ever whined about a company, normally its all smiles, but its good to see what companies think of reviews. :wink:

We try and deal with any potential problems* before anything even leaves us and after that the best we can, but some things are out of our control. If you have a job for Monday it's probably best not to order at 4pm on Friday and have it delivered to site. What if it's DOA? What if it doesn't turn up? Equipment does fail. Couriers do fail (especially at Christmas).

Sometimes, nothing is good enough for some customers. Reading their complaints makes it fairly obvious, which is why we leave them up and allow the reader to judge.

*eg buying incompatible products.

I agree in general with AES on this one, and with Sunnybob on taking the middle ground. So far as products in general are concerned I think we can all use our heads when reading the reviews : I've seen a product that someone has said is an excellent product at an excellent price be given one star - because MyHerpes (other couriers are available) was late delivering it ; I've also seen a good chainsaw given one star because it came without petrol - but criticisms in this case are not really quality related so may be a little more apt.

ScaredyCat":316xo5x9 said:
MikeJhn":316xo5x9 said:

We try and deal with any potential problems* before anything even leaves us and after that the best we can, but some things are out of our control. If you have a job for Monday it's probably best not to order at 4pm on Friday and have it delivered to site. What if it's DOA? What if it doesn't turn up? Equipment does fail. Couriers do fail (especially at Christmas).

Sometimes, nothing is good enough for some customers. Reading their complaints makes it fairly obvious, which is why we leave them up and allow the reader to judge.

*eg buying incompatible products.

There are couriers out there that are ultra reliable, I would much rather pay extra to know that an item will arrive on time, than pay less and have to wait for days, companies need to take note of this and offer a more comprehensive reliable service, not just cheap delivery.

Mike

I dont leave reviews, for all the reasons mentioned above.
One hotel we were thinking of staying at had an absolutely appalling review about service and everything! The next review was (alledgedly) from people who stayed at the same time as the bad reviewer, and apologised to the hotel saying this person was the guest from hell and they were embbarrssed to be english the same as them.
Another hotel we have stayed at and rate very highly, had a review saying that one of the hotel security staff assaulted a woman guest and when the husband complained, nothing was done.
since those days, nope. not bothered.
Sorry to anyone who has a business that uses them, but the whole review process is flawed.
1 final one; I was looking to buy something from axminster, i glanced at the reviews and the first one gave five stars. i started to read the review... he had not opened the box but was so impressed with the packing he gave it 5.
And we ALL know how I rate TNT! (hammer) (hammer) (hammer)

MikeJhn":12q518ko said:
There are couriers out there that are ultra reliable, I would much rather pay extra to know that an item will arrive on time, than pay less and have to wait for days, companies need to take note of this and offer a more comprehensive reliable service, not just cheap delivery.

We do. At checkout you get to select which courier you want from a wide range. Invariably people pick the cheapest.

And if you're really desperate you can collect and not just from the main site. We have, with some regularity, taken stuff home so that customers can collect outside office hours.

Remember that beer ad from a few years back? "... , probably the best beer in the world" (I don't remember the brand - don't drink the stuff myself - not any brand).

So how about you and me joining together Bob, viz:

Bob: "TNT. Undoubtedly the worst courier in the world"!

Me: "Santander. Undoubtedly the worst bank in the world"!

Any more for any more (all good clean Christmas fun)??

:D :D :D

Remember that beer ad from a few years back Bob (sorry, I don't remember which brand, I don't drink the stuff)? "X. Probably the best beer in the world".

So we could get together Bob, viz:

Sunnybob: "TNT. Unquestionably the worst courier in the world"!

AES: "Santander. Undoubtedly the worst bank in the world"!

Any more for any more? (All good clean Christmas fun). :D :D :D

Latest posts

Back