Zeevac Limited

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inoffthered":sypxj7bt said:
I have been looking for a vacuum chamber for wood stabilisation , preferably with a glass lid for use with Cactus Juice.

Has anyone had any recent experience of Zeevac Limited?

Their products and prices look ok on the web site but when ordering although the web site shows the logos for visa etc suggesting that they accept card payments when it came to it a bank transfer was required before delivery. OK , I can understand that but the request was to make the transfer to a bank account in a different company name (albeit owned by the same person I think).

Normally when buying anything from t'internet I prefer to use a card as it gives a bit of protection but a bank transfer into a different company did give me a concern as trying to sort out a dispute in the event of a problem could be a royal pain in the a**e.

I offered to pay cash and collect but although they had the item in stock "they were in the process of moving" so collection wasn't an option.

I would be interested in any feedback from recent customers of Zeevac.

Alternatively, if anyone has acquired a vacuum chamber that works with CJ I would be interested in details.

Back to the OP's original query before this post got highjacked :lol:

I made myself a vacuum chamber and posted a WIP at the below link...
vacuum-chamber-wip-t113404.html

Since the WIP I've replaced the acrylic lid due to some stress cracks emerging, so I bought a 20mm thick polycarbonate sheet instead (see below link)...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

When i re-made the lid i also put the plumbing bits about and inch from the edge so there are no penetrations through the lid in the centre, so now the polycarbonate makes a huge difference!

Making your own is a lot cheaper and I have a load more capacity than i could afford to buy off the shelf.

AES":8xdemyyi said:
Remember that beer ad from a few years back Bob (sorry, I don't remember which brand, I don't drink the stuff)? "X. Probably the best beer in the world".

So we could get together Bob, viz:

Sunnybob: "TNT. Unquestionably the worst courier in the world"!

AES: "Santander. Undoubtedly the worst bank in the world"!

Any more for any more? (All good clean Christmas fun). :D :D :D

The best advert in the world that most have never seen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VkggcawM-Y

Mike

So now the plumby bits are off-centre...

a3dcce8c648c96ae734616e7f372f2f5.jpg

(Please excuse the silicone seal colour, was meant to be red!! Reason being i only had white silicone to hand at he time. Will re-make it with a nicer colour sometime when i get around to it.)

The extra capacity is very useful as can do multiple batches at once. (For scale those bottles are 1.5L water bottles with the top cut off)

881fabfb6193d5469458648d07035813.jpg

Fair cop guv. but only because nobody answered the original question and we didnt want him to think he was being ignored, honest. #-o #-o :D
Now I got a question, what the hell is in those cut down bottles?

No worries, I know how easy it is to get some of you lot off on a tangent :wink:

sunnybob":1s8vgg5n said:
Now I got a question, what the hell is in those cut down bottles?

All’s in there are wood blanks of various sizes, cactus juice stabilising resin and different colour dyes

Comrades,
Thanks for the comments.

I was aware of the warning about the acrylic degasser. As I was looking for something to use with cactus juice I was looking for something with a glass lid and the Zeevac stainless steel body and glass top looked just the job with the vac gauge in the body of the vessel not the lid.

Sawdust=manglitter Thanks for the links, I will have a look

Back