Workbench Cost

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noggsy":3fdxhg03 said:
Andy, beautiful looking bench mate. This is probably a stupid question, but hey oh...what are the handle-like things in the middle please?

Oi you lot, stop sniggering...

they are holdfasts that go in your dog holes and allow you to clamp work to the top, or leg, or front apron

if you want some, there is a group buy on here if you do a search, or contact richard t

Well worth having- about £25 a pair IIRC

Hi Andy,
The materials for my six foot Roubo style bench : (Might even have to shrink it to 5 feet long)
1.5 cube of Southern Yellow Pine for the top.
For the under-frame I found some 7" x 7" Douglas Fir beams on the 'flea-bay', which I collected. There was a fair amount of waste in that, but at £45.00 for the lot, I had ample material to work with at the right price. I bought extra SYP, and some Cedar-wood at the same time, so all in all I reckon on £200.00 for bench materials.

It's a struggle, moving great chunks of timber over the planer etc, but I'm getting there.
Would I buy a workbench? Only from McGuire, or someone like him. But I still want to finish my own. One that will see me out. (If it lasts 20 years then, that will do it!) :D

Latest posts

Back