Woodworking n00b

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WorkshopJenny

Reaction score
Hi, guys! My name is Jennifer and I'm totally new to the forums. I've been interested in woodworking for quite some time, so I thought it would be neat to join a forum and gain some tips on the topic of woodworking. Obviously, I won't be able to LEARN woodworking in full by being here (I'll be taking classes for that), but the concept of being able to talk to people about projects I'm working on is something that will be quite useful.

Either way, I'm excited to be here. I can't wait to see everyone's prototypes, woodworking projects and so on. Hopefully it'll serve as some much needed inspiration. Take care, folks!!!

Hi and welcome Jennifer.

I am in the same shoes and a total noob so we will both be on the learning curve together.

Look forward to seeing your projects.

Mark :D

Welcome Jennifer - there's at least one other (Jensmith) - there could be more :) ??

Rod

Welcome to the UKW...it's a really comfortable place with some great guys and gals...

You picked the right place for sure...

Have fun! :ho2

Jimi

Well, this could get confusing!

Hello and welcome Jennifer from another Jennifer :)

I'm not a complete newbie but by no means experienced. My interests lie in the miniature side - woodturning and furniture.
I have made a few pens though too. It's a steep learning curve!

I'm sure you'll gets lots of great advice on here and I've found everyone to be very friendly and helpful.

Just watch out though... before you know it you'll have bought all kinds of tools and machinery ;)

Jensmith":3v9kpkbu said:
Just watch out though... before you know it you'll have bought all kinds of tools and machinery ;)

The 'Slope'...you're advised to tread warily as once on, never off. In additon there are one or two 'pushers' :-" :roll: :lol: of ill repute in these parts - Rob

Hi, Jennifer

Welcome to the forum.

Don't mention sharpening :shock: :D

Pete

Welcome jennifer. You have 2 things in common with everyone on here - we were all new to woodworking and new to the forum at some (highly variable :) ) point.

Ooo... a girl! Erm... I've come over all shy! :oops:

Hi and welcome, you're certainly in the right place, should you have a question about anything we'll probably be able to come up with an answer, whether the answer is correct or not is a matter of opinion, lol. :)

Hello Jen and welcome to the forums. Anything and everything the above folk have stated about the friendliness and helpfulness of our forum brethren is true. Beg to differ on the "don't mention sharpening ' thing though. What is more fun than throwing a ball of twine into a batch of kittens. Have fun here Jen, that is the purpose of a hobby ,yes?

Back