Eclectic woodworker/wright

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweedy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, found this forum while searching for information on my manual mortise machine by Reynolds, on which I'm looking for more!

I've been self-employed most of my career, with a good bit of woodworking mixed into that. I've built a lot of machines including a duplicating jig, CNC mill and modified my centre lathe beyond recognition. I also enjoy restoring old tools and machines back to functionality.

I'm trying to get back to basics: hand tools and traditional machines, which I'm largely succeeding with! I'm building a treadle lathe now and am getting into milling timber and green woodworking.
IMG-20230713-WA0016.jpg

Shave horse, all hand tools from the log.

ACT _3030060.JPG

Sawing ash with one of my big saws.
PRO EIIR.jpeg

Designed and made within 48hrs of the event, i was quite pleased with this turnaround!
IMG-20230930-WA0004.jpg

Making furniture that suits my needs and home properly is deeply gratifying. All hand tools from boards.
20231005_172822.jpg

Rustic pattern oak door for a community project, boards cut on a bandsaw mill, rest is by hand.
IMG-20230709-WA0003.jpg

Headphone stand, ebonised oak. Used offcuts from the felloes of a wheel i was making.
IMG-20230607-WA0009.jpg

Some simple stools.

Thanks chaps, looking forward to getting settled in.
Hello and welcome - some very nice items and are you in a Forrest or is that your garden -awesome 👍👍
The last picture is my garden, I like my garden a bit shaggy round the edges! Second picture is some private woodland I'm involved in the development of.

Back