Hi from the north east.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfie

Reaction score
Evenin all. I'm Chris aka Wolfie from North Yorkshire.

I guess first and foremost I'm a model maker, something I've done for over 50 years, think Airfix. However my granddad was an engineer and so was his son, my uncle. They taught me a lot when I was small.

Nowadays I have a halfway decent workshop with a Smart and Brown tool makers lathe, bloody thing weighs half a ton! But I got it dead cheap so couldn't turn it down. Also a milling machine and pillar drill etc, all the usual stuff.

I dabble in model engineering and have built a Stuart engine from scratch, just bought the plans. I have a 1959 BSA bike which I'm slowly restoring and can turn my hand to most things. And I can fix anything. We have a "Repair Cafe" locally at which I'm the star attraction apparently. They see what I do as black magic haha I could weep for the skills lost this last 50 year.

Most recently taken up clock repair and picked up a 110 year old HAC wall clock at an auction house a few weeks since for £4, its now ticking away nicely on my wall;););)

Found this place by asccident looking for summat else to do with woodturning which is probably going to be my next project.

Evenin all. I'm Chris aka Wolfie from North Yorkshire.

I guess first and foremost I'm a model maker, something I've done for over 50 years, think Airfix. However my granddad was an engineer and so was his son, my uncle. They taught me a lot when I was small.

Nowadays I have a halfway decent workshop with a Smart and Brown tool makers lathe, bloody thing weighs half a ton! But I got it dead cheap so couldn't turn it down. Also a milling machine and pillar drill etc, all the usual stuff.

I dabble in model engineering and have built a Stuart engine from scratch, just bought the plans. I have a 1959 BSA bike which I'm slowly restoring and can turn my hand to most things. And I can fix anything. We have a "Repair Cafe" locally at which I'm the star attraction apparently. They see what I do as black magic haha I could weep for the skills lost this last 50 year.

Most recently taken up clock repair and picked up a 110 year old HAC wall clock at an auction house a few weeks since for £4, its now ticking away nicely on my wall;););)

Found this place by asccident looking for summat else to do with woodturning which is probably going to be my next project.
Hello and welcome!

Hi Chris

I'm in Northumberland, a bit further North East. :)

I do a bit of woodturning from time to time and would suggest, if you haven't already tried that you have a go at making pens. Buying kits is easy enough but with your metal turning gear and experience you wouldn't have much problem making scratch built examples.

I also have a little engineering / clockmakers lathe, a Cowells 90ME with a fair number of accessories, will never make a clock but love playing with it.

I have a relative in Kirbymoorside and friends in York so occasionally take the motorhome into the North York Moors, a nice area within easy reach of us.
Bob

Back