Hi, I'm Charlie from Somerset

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cap

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Found this forum when looking for so called Baltic Birch ply, looked through it and decided to join as it looks very informative with lots of woodworking skills/ideas. Since I retired in 2015, I have been busier than when working! I was originally in Electrical maintenance and have worked in various industries including nuclear, CH boiler manufacturing and my last position was in the aerospace industry. I have busied myself with lots of projects, repairing mechanical clocks, making mimic panels and circuity for several Model Railways. My last project was making a wooden clock from a kit, and this has made me realise that the Scroll saw I bought several years ago and only used occasionally was capable of much more. My partner bought me a scroll saw book for my birthday and I thoroughly enjoyed it hence the looking for ply to use on projects.
Sorry for the long-winded introduction, but I hope to garner more knowledge using this forum.
Charlie

Hi everyone,
Found this forum when looking for so called Baltic Birch ply, looked through it and decided to join as it looks very informative with lots of woodworking skills/ideas. Since I retired in 2015, I have been busier than when working! I was originally in Electrical maintenance and have worked in various industries including nuclear, CH boiler manufacturing and my last position was in the aerospace industry. I have busied myself with lots of projects, repairing mechanical clocks, making mimic panels and circuity for several Model Railways. My last project was making a wooden clock from a kit, and this has made me realise that the Scroll saw I bought several years ago and only used occasionally was capable of much more. My partner bought me a scroll saw book for my birthday and I thoroughly enjoyed it hence the looking for ply to use on projects.
Sorry for the long-winded introduction, but I hope to garner more knowledge using this forum.
Charlie
Welcome 🤗 to the forum , you will get plenty of advice help and suggestions-sometimes more than you may need but at least you can then make an informed decision. 🫣🫣

Welcome Charlie!

Enjoy! This is a wonderful forum, there are loads of clever people on here, many with varied backgrounds and interests. I'm sure you will have lots to learn and loads to offer.

My only advice is steer clear of the political bullish*t in my opinion...it only ends in tears! 🙏👍

Back