Woodex 20th - 22nd April

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Gill

Gill":1q9atxqa said:
Did the Woodex organisers ever tell you which stands are going to be there?

Unfortunately, no. :( Last year there were a lot of spaces and we know that, at least, two of last year's exhibitors won't have their own stands this time. (BriMarc and Chestnut)

Cheers
Neil

Thanks for the replies, Neil and Paul. I'm asking myself why I should travel all the way to Woodex when I could drive about half the distance on the same route and pop into Good Timber for free. The last time I went to Woodex, there weren't any stands which made me think, "That's worth the admission charge". Instead, I found myself thinking, "I could get that from Good Timber, I could get that from Paskins..."

If the organisers aren't prepared to announce who's going to be at the show this year in advance, it makes me fear for the worst :( .

Gill

Hi Gill

Gill":2km326t4 said:
If the organisers aren't prepared to announce who's going to be at the show this year in advance, it makes me fear for the worst

In all honesty, I couldn't agree with you more. The only reason I'm going is to meet up with the UKW crowd.

The show is very tired and there are only so many times that you can wonder at all those wheelbarrows. :lol: :lol:

Cheers
Neil

for those interested, I've copied this list over, with permission, from the AWGB forum:

The organisers Meridian Exhibitions have sent me the following list of people demonstrating at this years Woodex 07:
• Anne Hayes
• Bob Neill
• John Berkeley
• Michael Painter
• Ray Jones
• Reg Sherwin
• Stephen Cooper
• Lisa Raby
• John Pizey

The Trade stands will be:
• Allendale
• Ashley Iles
• Bradwest LLP
• Five Star
• John Mills Ltd.
• Lincolnshire Woodcraft
• Meantime design Ltd.
• Mulecab Europe
• Newlyn Services
• Phoenix Promotional
• Price Tool Sales
• Proops Brothers
• Robert Sorby
• Stobart Davies Ltd.
• Target Tools
• VM-Uk Ltd. (Phil Irons Woodturning)

In fairness, we didn't have a stand at this show last year and aren't returning this year other than with one of those named above, you can draw your own conclusions.

Thanks Terry, sorry not to be making contact again with you and the rest of this bunch but have been bitten too often by Meridian Exhibitions version of a wood show. (stocked up at ISCA instead :lol:)

Yes, it's good of you to post the list, Terry, but like Chas I don't see anything that whets my appetite.

Gill

I hope to be there in the morning, need to get back as we have a gig in the evening, if anyone in Essex is interested there are a few tickets left, look here for details.
This is a Ceilidh we run every year for charity, it was a good one last years and you should enjoy yourself if you come. :eek:ccasion5: :whistle: \:D/ :-({|= (hammer) :eek:ccasion5:

If you don't dance I just get louder and louder, so you might as well dance cause you can't talk to anyone any more. :twisted: :roll: :wink:

OK

Those going on the Saturday, me, Neil, Bean, DaveL and Waka will be at the Ashley Iles stand at midday for a UKWorkshop get together - from there, we'll move to the refreshment area for a drink and chat :wink:

Looking forward to meeting old friends and hopefully making some new ones too.

Hmmm, may have to sleep with my boots on tonight then. O, well - no LomL at the mo (well, except Ell En, Rose Wood et al), so shouldn't be a problem :)

Went up today (Friday). OK for a couple of hours, but not more. Very limited trade stands - the two big cheapo ones, plus Ashley Iles, Turner's retreat and a Trend agent representing the "big names".
But the turning club exhibits were more numerous than previous years, with plenty of opportunities to talk to the exhibitors. So a worthwhile visit for woodturners, but questionable for anyone else.

I need to warn you Folk going on the Saturday - Waka will be going so hold on tightly to your wallets and don't let him talk you into anything.... :wink:
Have a great day,
Philly :D

I hear on the grape-vine that a certain Southern-based member has been showing the old hands how to get a bargain......... :wink:
How's those free sanding discs Tony?
Philly :lol:

Back