Woodex 20th - 22nd April

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I'm planning on going to the Woodex show in Leamington Spa next month, couple of question as I haven't been to this one before.

Is it as good as some of the shows like Axminster or Ally Pally?

Are there good demonstrations?

What about hand tools?

Is there plenty of parking space?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Waka

Waka":1u0a373l said:
I'm planning on going to the Woodex show in Leamington Spa

Are you visiting on the Sunday, perchance?

Is it as good as some of the shows like Axminster or Ally Pally?

No. Unfortunately, the show has become very tired with mostly the same exhibits each year.

Are there good demonstrations?

The demonstrations are primarily turning.

What about hand tools?

I haven't found an exhibitor's list, but BriMarc are attending in conjunction with Classic Hand Tools. Chestnut are attending in conjunction with Turners Retreat.

Is there plenty of parking space?

Yes, all free.

Cheers
Neil

Hello Waka.
Went to this show about four years ago,haven't managed to get back since.Must say we really enjoyed it. :D
Wasn't into woodturning as such then as there seemed to be a lot of turning displays.
There were quite a few exhibitors then but reading about it now it seems to have died a death.Was thinking of going this year but....

Used to go to the NEC,Birmingham exhibition which was a big show compared to Woodex,was told that it was now called Woodex and had moved from the NEC due to lack of exhibitors wanting to go to the NEC. :?: :?:
Never been to Yandles nor Axminster so can't compare.
Paul.J.

I'm thinking of going to this as i've managed to miss everything else the last couple of years. What are the discounts like? Do they have any machinery demo's?

Guys

Thanks for all the info, I'l probably drive up on the Friday, go to the show on the Saturday and drive home on the Sunday.

really lookijng forward to it and meeting members that I haven't come across at other shows. You never know I could even be bringing his Philness with, need someone to protect my pension.

Since I'm about a mile and a half away as the crow flies, I'll certainly be going. Wondering if it would be worth taking the day off and going Friday?

hi i will be there for the 3 day's on the
WEST NORTHANTS WOODTURNERS stand
come and say hello

Hi Chris

RATWOOD":1dvjkyje said:
hi i will be there for the 3 day's on the
WEST NORTHANTS WOODTURNERS stand
come and say hello

Do you have access to an exhibitors's list? I've sent an email requesting one, but it is not forthcoming.

Cheers
Neil

PS Will you be wearing your bandana this year?

Like many others, I plan to go on the Saturday.

What we going to do regarding a meet up?
All wear a red rose? or maybe in honour of Byron carry a rusty bolt?

I'd certainly like to put faces to names, would be interesting to see if you look as I imagine you do.

Waka wrote:
need someone to protect my pension
.......don't think your pension need much protection Waka going by the look of that nice shiny Norris type :tool: you almost gave away to His Lordship :lol: - Rob

Hi Shultzy

Shultzy":2brc2jgy said:
It may be a good idea for those going to "Woodex" to print out the UKWorkshop Forums banner from the top of the page and wear it as a lapel badge.

Don't worry, we'll arrange to meet at a particular stand at midday.

Cheers
Neil

PS I would have suggested Chestnut or BriMarc, but neither will have their own stands and Chestnut don't want us as they say it breaks Exhibition Etiquette. :cry:

Hi Neil

Did the Woodex organisers ever tell you which stands are going to be there?

Gill

I phoned the organisers up to ask for a list to be sent which they did do last time i went,but was told because they were still waiting for exhibitors to reply they could not send a full list out.
So i asked if they could tell me who was booked for now.
Unfortunately i could not hardley understand a word the lady i was put through too was saying.
All i caught was Ashley Isles and Robert Sorby,and some saw companies.
Then i got put through to someone else to order me tickets,which i'm glad to say have now come.So will be their also on the Saturday :D
Paul.J.

Latest posts

Back