Wickes biscuit jointer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Freud and to all intents and purposes it is a driect copy of the Lamello - except the price that is :p Cost about £140.

Fence is SOLID and won't flex and the blade has no runnout. Cutting is always spot-on.
Came with a little cleaning and oiling kit too which was very nice :wink:

Highly recommended

I would recommend the Freud (JS102) too - but not quite as unreservedly as Tony. I find it a pain to have to set the fence parallel to the sole plate / blade. And the stuck on depth setting tape is not stuck on correctly on mine. So I end up rarely using the fence. But otherwise it is good value. Also have a look at the Trend T20 for a similar price - it looks identical to the Freud - but comes with Trend support and a decent manual (although you can download this anyway if you get the Freud). It was more expensive at the time I got mine. Reviews of both jointers can be found on this site.
Cheers
Gidon

gidon":yoi1p36v said:
I find it a pain to have to set the fence parallel to the sole plate / blade. And the stuck on depth setting tape is not stuck on correctly on mine. Cheers
Gidon

Interesting Gidon - I don't have these problems but then, Italian quality control?????

I second Steve and the Axminster model. It does the job no problem, and at £100 is reasonable VFM. Nitpicks for me are (i) the dustbag is as useful as a fart in a colander, and (ii) the fence adjustment is fiddly.

Ike

Tony":3jw5npmc said:
gidon":3jw5npmc said:
I find it a pain to have to set the fence parallel to the sole plate / blade. And the stuck on depth setting tape is not stuck on correctly on mine. Cheers
Gidon

Interesting Gidon - I don't have these problems but then, Italian quality control?????

Not fair :). Oh well - the joys of mail order ...

Cheers

Gidon

I`d agree with Ike, not so much a problem as a "niggle" is the dust bag, which is about as useful as a blow up dartboard.

just as a side note, the motor housing is almost certainly sourced from the axminster grinder........ having a nasty experience a few years ago with a grinder I`m always nervy when using the biscuit joiner.

I had to cut a hole in the workshop a few weeks ago to put in a double-glazed unit..... to use the grinder I dressed up like the michelin man :lol:
face shield, welding gauntlets, chain-saw proof clothing the lot!!!!!!!!!
what a sight :roll:

steve

I took similar precautions when cutting down two reinforced concrete columns with my nice new angle grinder and diamond blade last year.

My neighbour nearly wet himself laughing seeing me dressed like a paranoid cosmonaut for such a simple task (I had heard horror stories of what happens when angle grinders get angry and I'd never used one before).

I think maybe it was the safety goggles with the full face mask on top that really finished him off...

Back