Why me, Lord.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibs

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, the holiday is out of the way, back to the workshop...Have spent the last few days making the first of a pair of Adirondack chairs. I used the free plan from Popular Mechanics. I have made them from an almost endless supply of packing crates. I have to dismantle them, de-nail, quick once over with the belt sander to clean the muck off them, then thickness and joint the edges. Patterns are cut for the sides and arms, and after much headscratching, a sled is constructed to cut the rear slats. Edges founded over and a final sanding before construction begins. It's looking good, sits nice and flat on the bench, then we hit a snag. It won't fit through the workshop door!!! A few things close to hand get thrown about the workshop before I start to take the chair apart, luckily, no glue joints. Re-assembled the chair on the deck, and finally got to sit down. Very comfortable, and well worth the effort.
WIP pics when I start the second chair, get my camera back and learn how to upload.
Take care. Dibs.

dibs":14w2q26q said:
WIP pics when I start the second chair, get my camera back and learn how to upload.

Will look forward to it - making this one in sections,though,are you..? :wink:

Andrew

Dibs, you just made my day.
bean_laughing_md_clr.gif

and of course none of us have ever made such a mistake :roll:

made a kitchen dresser in the lounge, and had to cut the back to get it down the hall into the kitchen :oops: :cry:

and of course in so many modern homes it is almost impossible to get any furniture up the stairs :lol:

great recycling idea though

paul :wink:

Huh, You've just reminded me of another engineer Paul.
I'd just started out in furnituremaking when this chap appeared in my workshop, not literally, with a very precise drawing of a cabinet he wanted.
When I asked if I could measure for myself his reply was, " I've been in engineering for 35 years blah blah.........."
So I made it, trouble was he forgot that the stairs had a turn at the bottom and the cabinet wouldn't go up them. Im still waiting to be paid.
To add insult to injury he tried to charge me for minor damage to plaster work on his wall.
I was soooo happy

Dom

:oops: dom, sorry to re awaken some sore memories :oops:

certainly some engineers have the ability to be pedantic without
checking the surrounding environment too :twisted:

paul :wink:

No need to apologise Paul, my son is an engineer also named Paul, he is now banned from the workshop.

"dad this 8' board you've just planed is about a mil out" :) :evil:

Dom

Back