Who is in and who is out?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what I will be voting if I bother. But I do wonder why anyone would vote to stay in a Union from which so many others wish to emigrate. :?

doctor Bob":3pixy1a3 said:
Some people need to get out more............... the odd person must have put a few days work into some of their posting

Roll on tomorrow, those same people can start putting their energy into making sawdust again. 8)

NazNomad":3uz75n9u said:
doctor Bob":3uz75n9u said:
Some people need to get out more............... the odd person must have put a few days work into some of their posting

Roll on tomorrow, those same people can start putting their energy into making sawdust again. 8)
Can make tomorrow's posts easier for them. Copy and paste this:

Na na na naa na #in
Na na na naa na #out

Take your pick.

my gut feeling is there will be more votes for IN, but only just.

I wonder at what point will it be too close to call a majority.....

Will we then be half in and half out? :D

I just saw a friend of mine and asked him if he was on his way to vote.
His reply; 'What's the point? We're all being conned. There's no way we will leave the EU. The Government wouldn't allow it.'

I don't know so much about that mind, but I do know the Government don't HAVE to comply with the result of a referendum if they don't wish to. I am wondering if I will go to the polls at all now... :?

It would make the governments job easier. It could then go back to Brussels and say look, our people want out - what are you going to do about it before we say OK? I wouldn't be at all surprised if that were a favoured outcome by many. Brussels will then throw Cameron crumbs large enough for him feel justified ignoring wishes of the majority. Job done.

doctor Bob":5qcuxstu said:
i
I have even been told by some city guys that the workers shouldn't be allowed to vote because they do not understand the implications. They do understand what a condescending cockwomble fucklewit is though.

Well actually ... I don't agree with the descrimination your city guys propose, but I do think we should not be deciding this on a referendum. I don't believe in referenda ! These MPs are elected as our representatives. It is their job to consider, and make the right decisions, on important issues like this. They have the time, hopefully the background knowledge and understanding, access to consultants, etc. Having been appointed as our representatives, I expect them to get on with their job, not come running back to us for help when the decisions get tough.

If parliamentary sovereignty is so important, the Brexiters had their chance to vote UKIP at the last election.

I wondered if the the SNP noticed when Cameron warned that a 'Leave' vote might also endanger the United Kingdom's status. They could use an exit vote to engineer a second Independence referendum, on the grounds they want to apply to join the EU!

Just because I vote out doesn't mean I want UKIP in power just the same as not all remainers want the conservatories .

The EU has already said it won't accept an independent Scotland - they couldn't afford to as they would then get probably have trouble with the Flemish, Catalans, Basques etc. so they'd have to get used to not getting money from either the EU or England.

My gut feeling is the opposite. Just took the dog for a walk, passed three polling stations and witnessed a few heated discussions (Between people who agreed with each other anyway and presumably had just placed their vote) about how "We need to sort this immigrant problem out".

I still feel as if the average person has no idea about how the outcome will actually effect the issues.

Here's a thought to consider at this late stage of the game, Passports, I know Mr F likes to wave his around at every opertunity stating he wants to change them back to United Kingdom being the top line on the front cover instead of the present European Union, and if the Leave campaign is successful then it stands to reason that UK citizens will no longer be European Union citizens and the present passport should be changed to reflect that.
In 2011 there were 42.5 million UK passport holders. I don't know how many passports the passport people can process in a week but if you were to say perhaps 20,000. It would take 40 years, even a million a week would take 4.5 years.
That would certainly curb the free movement of people around Europe but in the opposite direction! :)

Just another reason an exit from the EU will take a number of years.

In this case one assumes provision will be made to retain validity of existing EU passports until they expire. Redesigned passports would only appear as new ones are issued. I think that would cover it; but then politicians are not known for simple solutions are they? :roll:

BearTricks":4szron2i said:
My gut feeling is the opposite. Just took the dog for a walk, passed three polling stations and witnessed a few heated discussions (Between people who agreed with each other anyway and presumably had just placed their vote) about how "We need to sort this immigrant problem out".

I still feel as if the average person has no idea about how the outcome will actually effect the issues.

Theres an immigration problem. When did that happen?

:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back