Who is in and who is out?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phil.p":xpc8p5a7 said:
Wuffles":xpc8p5a7 said:
phil.p":xpc8p5a7 said:
Not everyone voting in is an silly person, but every silly person is voting in? Much the same, really, if we're going to start insulting people.
That wasn't an insult, and if you thought it was, well, I don't know what to say. Plus, it's a quote from someone else, yours however is an insult

It's no more or less an insult than your post ... sorry, quote ... and no, I haven't a clue what an iPhone is. Should I? Why?
Just the kind of "finger on the pulse" enlightened person I entrust to make a decision regarding the future of the younger generation.

You're still joking, I can tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wuffles":6l3hvep8 said:
]Just the kind of "finger on the pulse" enlightened person I entrust to make a decision regarding the future of the younger generation.

You're still joking, I can tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:roll: Sounding very similar to the Remainiacs on telly last night, nothing good or positive to offer :roll:

Inoffthered":aesu9jni said:
phil.p":aesu9jni said:
Turkey, Albania and Serbia are not going to join the EU apparently - so why is Cameron supposedly paying £2billion towards their accession? This is the same Turkey that's at the end of the road from Brussels to Ankara that Cameron wants paved?
It would be good if he were to make his mind up instead of saying what's expedient on the day.

Talks for the accession of Turkey start next week.

http://order-order.com/2016/06/22/eu-op ... s-june-30/

John Major says they could be members within 10 years.

Remind me, which side is Project Fear?

paulm":3568c66h said:
The comment about Nazi tendencies seems very odd and emotive Jake, are you suggesting that because I am in favour of controlling the inflows of new arrivals into the UK that I have Nazi tendencies ?!!!

That's a peculiarly self-centred conclusion, I wasn't thinking about you at all, and as far as I know the cap doesn't fit.

Have to say that I've not met a lawyer yet who wasn't rabidly in favour of the ECHR and the whole human rights based source of work and fees for their profession, so you haven't bucked the trend there :lol:

I've never earned any fees from human rights law. I just think, as a human, that rights of individuals, enforceable against the state, are good things. It stops states doing things like the Nazis did, which is why we (British) spearheaded the ECHR in the first place.

(By the way, I have never met a Nazi who likes human rights.)

phil.p":3agedewj said:
Not everyone voting in is an silly person, but every silly person is voting in? Much the same, really, if we're going to start insulting people.

I think the term remainiac has been used consistently and repeatedly throughout this thread, so don't get all thin-skinned now.

Inoffthered":1ib09c8t said:
RobinBHM":1ib09c8t said:
Turkey....not any time soon I think:

'A country has to adopt and enforce all the current EU rules before it can be admitted to the bloc. EU rules are divided into 35 policy areas and in 10 years Turkey only managed to adopt the rules on one: science and research. In most other areas it has not even made a start.'

12th of never seems a good date

So if this is such a remote possibility, why is the EU spending millions of Turkish infrastructure projects and why are talks stating next week.

I seem to remember similar comments made about Greece joining the euro but the EU is perfectly capable of bending its own rules. Please dont say that Cameron would exercise a veto because he dodged that question so many times over the last few weeks.

I do quite like turkish delight :D, if they join the EU I expect new rules would change how it is allowed to be made.......

I actually thought historically Turkey was considered part of Asia with only a foot in Europe?

My understanding is that the biggest problem is that if Turkey with it 80 million people joins the EU, the seats of the EU parliament have to be redistributed. This will affect big 5 (Germany, France, Italy, UK, and Spain), which at the moment represent approximately 50 percent of the seats.

if the lower / working class use their vote, leave will romp home. I have not had one delivery driver, fitter, worker, etc etc say he is in favour of staying, all are out. I think the turnout will be huge.

This is a class vote:
Middle management and the toffs, remain
lower class and workers, out

I have even been told by some city guys that the workers shouldn't be allowed to vote because they do not understand the implications. They do understand what a condescending cockwomble fucklewit is though.

Jake":26zr4ldz said:
Inoffthered":26zr4ldz said:
phil.p":26zr4ldz said:
Turkey, Albania and Serbia are not going to join the EU apparently - so why is Cameron supposedly paying £2billion towards their accession? This is the same Turkey that's at the end of the road from Brussels to Ankara that Cameron wants paved?
It would be good if he were to make his mind up instead of saying what's expedient on the day.

Talks for the accession of Turkey start next week.

http://order-order.com/2016/06/22/eu-op ... s-june-30/

John Major says they could be members within 10 years.

All negative and personal attacks from the Remain. Nothing positive to support remaining and Cameron avoiding questions about the accession of Turkey when he must have known this was going to happen.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/682 ... pean-Union

Why do you consider exposing Camerons duplicity to be project fear? I mean, its not like Gideon Osbourn suggesting that pensioners may lose their pensions in the event of a Brexit vote is it?

Inoffthered":3o4iu23m said:
RogerS":3o4iu23m said:
C'mon, chaps....time to cool it, I think.

Yes sorry Roger, but I was just making a point. Jake's comment was a deliberate and appalling attempt to ascribe a derogatory label to anyone voting leave, a tactic all too often employed by the Remainiacs.

One of THE most distasteful aspect of this referendum has been the policy of throwing labels around such as Nazi and racists as a means of seeking to discredit anyone with an opposing view and to close debate.

Yes I agree. Or I would do if I had said anything like that, which I did not. Usual respect for truthfulness from you.

t8hants":1qir1jfv said:
WE created the modern world and have given it the new universal language,
Actually I think Greece may have that honour if you really want to start digging up history.
Empire rise, empires fall.

We're a big player now as part of the EU, flounce off and things will are very unlikely to get better.

Jake":3lxnumis said:
Yes I agree. Or I would do if I had said anything like that, which I did not. Usual respect for truthfulness from you.

You posted
"And the thought of voting in a way that someone with Nazi tendencies would be pleased with is pretty untenable."

What sort of comment is that then, vote leave = happy Nazi. Despicable, wilful misrepresentation of the facts but typical of the Remain campaign. No substance, no positives just Project Fear and insults.

Historically Boris Johnson supports the idea of Turkey joining the EU as it was the original centre of Europe;
https://www.facebook.com/EvolvePolitics ... nref=story
But then he rather liked the idea of staying in the EU
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 89991.html

Remember how long it took him to decide which side to support when the referendum was announced ? No wonder he couldn't look the remain campaigners in the eye during the 'great debate' last night. All he really cares about is getting power, you fancy supporting that sort of mindset ?

Inoffthered":1fmap8r5 said:
Jake":1fmap8r5 said:

You posted
"And the thought of voting in a way that someone with Nazi tendencies would be pleased with is pretty untenable."

What sort of comment is that then, vote leave = happy Nazi. Despicable, wilful misrepresentation of the facts but typical of the Remain campaign. No substance, no positives just Project Fear and insults.

That is not what I said is it. It is like crows. A crow is black. That does not mean that everything black is a crow.

You can practice this for yourself with all sorts of other characteristics of things. A chair has four legs, this does mean that two people are a chair. Etc.

I would not let the fact that I do not like Gove or BJ influence my thinking, and nor do I think they are Nazis or anything like it. Very few people are thankfully.

Rhossydd":2lccg25e said:
t8hants":2lccg25e said:
WE created the modern world and have given it the new universal language,
Actually I think Greece may have that honour if you really want to start digging up history.
Empire rise, empires fall.

We're a big player now as part of the EU, flounce off and things will are very unlikely to get better.

You are correct, it is time for the EU empire to fall, and enforced confederations often end in violence, we need out before we are dragged down with it

You do all realise that tomorrow's exercise is merely an opinion-poll?

If voting drastically changed anything, do you seriously think they'd let us do it?

Yours Sincerely ... Boaty McBoatface.

Jake":2v7ebsl5 said:
Inoffthered":2v7ebsl5 said:
Jake":2v7ebsl5 said:

You posted

That is not what I said is it. It is like crows. A crow is black. That does not mean that everything black is a crow.

You can practice this for yourself with all sorts of other characteristics of things. A chair has four legs, this does mean that two people are a chair. Etc.

I would not let the fact that I do not like Gove or BJ influence my thinking, and nor do I think they are Nazis or anything like it. Very few people are thankfully.

Look, you are entitled to your opinion but that was your quote word for word. It is fairly obvious what you were trying to do and how did you expect it to be interpreted?

Inoffthered":2k6rhklv said:
Jake":2k6rhklv said:

All negative and personal attacks from the Remain. .... Why do you consider exposing Camerons duplicity to be project fear? I mean, its not like Gideon Osbourn suggesting that pensioners may lose their pensions in the event of a Brexit vote is it?

This is Express propaganda. Turkey is not joining the EU any time soon by which I mean many many decades if ever. There is some real-politik going on re the refugee crisis, and long term Turkey is being kept on the same old distant promise it has been faintly held out for decades, because it is convenient to have its ambitions shaped by wanting to join rather than allying with enemies. But there is not a hope in hell of them joining, France would veto, we would veto, and so would many others. The "pre-accession" talks the Express is talking about is basically lots of EU people lecturing them about human rights etc and what they need to do to even think about starting to be a Western-like nation.

Just such lies being told in rags like that- the definition of a project fear.

Inoffthered":2slabahf said:
Look, you are entitled to your opinion but that was your quote word for word. It is fairly obvious what you were trying to do and how did you expect it to be interpreted?

You're wrong, sorry, my quote meant what it said - I was thinking of a particular person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back