Who else thinks this?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen the point of sport full stop, neither playing or watching but football has to be the worst.
it's quite good harmless fun kicking/batting a ball about and things like that. I don't see the point of watching somebody else doing it though - what a waste of time!

I'm no big sports fan but i don't mind watching 'big' matches, the FA Cup, World Cup, Wimbledon Final etc. but can someone please explain.... we send a GB team to the Olympics but football is done as separate nations unghh..?? :unsure::dunno:

Not sure if they’ve cut back on programme production. Had an hour each of Corrie and Emmerdale recently (I don’t watch them)

BBC usually have comprehensive Olympic coverage - must be more hours than footie.

Rugby World Cup will surely get coverage of every game but nowhere near as popular as football. I must learn the rules before I go to France. 😄

it's quite good harmless fun kicking/batting a ball about and things like that. I don't see the point of watching somebody else doing it though - what a waste of time!

Same with art 🖼
Why visit a gallery to admire the skill of painters when I can draw stick men and a house at home.

Same with music. Why watch you favourite band when you can tap out a rhythm at home with your foot 🦶🏾

Same with art 🖼
Why visit a gallery to admire the skill of painters when I can draw stick men and a house at home.

Same with music. Why watch you favourite band when you can tap out a rhythm at home with your foot 🦶🏾
Well actually there's a lot to be said for having a go yourself instead of assuming these things are just for the supremely talented and over-paid few.
Start with stick men and houses by all means, if that's what turns you on!

Good quote in its time perhaps, but not sure it has aged well.

Motor racing is far far safer today and always down to having the best equipment.

Bullfighting is somewhat one sided. How many bulls win?

Mountaineering - with enough money and decent fitness you can climb Everest.
Very well put, words written by a man who later blew his brains out continuing the family tradition (his father and later Margaux). He lived a life in fear of his repressed homosexuality (thank goodness that fear has dwindled to almost nothing today) and so became the false epitome of 'manhood'. Bullfighting? One man stabbing an animal to death. Motor racing? Bernie Ecclsotone and Lewis Hamilton. Mountaineering? The days of Mallory are far gone, with enough Sherpas to lug your technology up a mountain. Id far rather watch Cheese Rolling down Coopers Hill. What counts today is the courage of your convictions. Simple.

iXdWCCB.png

I don't understand why TV planners seem to think the whole Country is interested in football - both ITV and the BBC have more than one channel, so why don't they air all the football they wish on a secondary channel?
Personally, I'd sooner stick pins in my eyes than watch soccer. Wrong shaped ball.
I prefer watching submarine racing!:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: dzj
Might as well rename BBC to Sports channel at the moment, with football, and bat and ball x 2 (cricket and tennis) which means even the new at 10 no longer happens at 10. I am becoming a reluctant Netflix and Amazon user.
The BBC has let proper journalism slip down quite a bit in the last year or two. I hear the headlines then switch to Aljazeera to get a world view and a more rounded view of UK news from around the globe to get a truer picture of whats going on. They don't dedicate a huge amount of time on sport. It's interesting what you can learn from a news channel that focuses on news.

This is why there is YouTube. Don't complain about what's on telly because there are so many options now to avoid it.

Gordon Bennett, what a bunch of grumpy old men this thread has in its comments. Fair enough, if you don't like sport, do what you do like, but live and let live.

If people have a passion for something, be it sport, films, reading, classical music, morris dancing or even Eastenders, then good luck to them. I'm glad they're passionate about something.

Enjoy whatever you enjoy.

Nuff said.

I love doing both, playing (im 56 so getting harder) and watching, would have loved to do it for a living.

There is nothing quite like being at a live sporting event, I'd take it all day long over hunting around a wood yard.

[QUOTE="ajsimmo, post: 1488809, member: 34526"
If people have a passion for something, be it sport, films, reading, classical music, morris dancing or even Eastenders, then good luck to them. I'm glad they're passionate about something.
Nuff said.
[/QUOTE]

Certainly. But excepting sport none of them expect other people's schedules altered to suit them.

I confess I found this thread hilarious

Some of the comments ? well what can you say ;-)

Its quite simple folks, if you don't like something, be it sport or the soaps or whatever else

*don't watch them*

The possibilities are endless for other things to do, why waste time on something you don't like?

As to tribalism, if it wasn't for football, it would be something else, thats humans for you, they like to argue and fight
(very often over something they can have no effect on and really shouldn't be concerned with)

Certainly. But excepting sport none of them expect other people's schedules altered to suit them.

you've known about it for 5 years, could you not have planned an alternative watch. I accept soaps are on 2 times a night every night, can you not accept football every few years?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back