Who else thinks this?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But we did have the old VHS / Beta video recorders.

.....Does anyone remember Phillips Video 2000....??? It went the way of the Dodo pretty soon after it was introduced but my mates parents had one and finding a tape in that format for their machine from the video shop was rather a narrow selection....

I don’t follow football so please don’t pay too much attention to this comment, but it must be very galling to be beaten four nil by our lot, or is this lot a whole lot better than our last lot?

Our last lot of what or when, we reached the semi finals of the world cup, did very well in the nations cup.
I'm sure as an intelligent man you must realise that players make the team and players peak for about 10 years, therefore the team changes and sometimes improves and sometimes diminish in quality. It's not rocket science to comprehend this, if it didn't happen we would have won every world cup since 1966, only one team would have won F1 title etc.

You lot haven't seen anything yet, wait until we win it........................ then you can moan about sir Harry Kane, Sir Mcquire, Sir etc etc

So I'm still in my predictor league for this tournament, 4 of us left, started with 63.
I have gone 2-0 to italy and 3-0 to england, see what happens. My oppo has also gone Italy and England but with different scores, with the way it works I have "carried the advantage" from previous rounds so he has to get a result spot on otherwise I'm through to the final. He has 2-1 for both matches (italy and england to win)

A cracking match last night Bob even though you did get the result wrong, I thought Spain were going to win tbh. However much I support England I feel Italy will lift the trophy this year.

There is way to much coverage of people kicking a ball around on Tv at the moment and it is the euro's, has no one told them about brexit? Yes it is one of my pet hates, I hate football and avoid like it is covid. Who else thinks the same or is everyone stuck watching them kicking a ball around, then running around pretending to be an aeroplane that then has undercarriage failure.
Tour de France is brilliant at the mo. Put your telly on now!
Mont Ventoux twice in one day!
Bin there dunnit myself once but as a leisurely 100km Audax - half the distance they are doing today and less than half their speed! Stopped at Chalet Reynard for a beer.
Good to see first black S. African in the race. He was out early but will be back next year all being well. Nic Dlamini wins his personal Tour de France BLM!!

Last edited:
Nobody has to "put up with" anything they don't want to. Switch it off, change channel, there are loads of choices even if old repeats, stream something, watch a film, go for a walk or into your workshop, there's an astonishing choice out there. Failing that why not organize your sock drawer. ;) :ROFLMAO:

It's on, has a huge following and worldwide interest, more so that much of the other stuff on radio and TV so unfortunately you'll have to lump it, grumbling will change nothing.

Change channel? If only it were that simple. I don't object to its being on ............... I just object to its being on everywhere. This morning's BBC, football. ITV, football. LBC, football. TalkRadio, football - and they have two other sports only stations. I'm not looking forward to the years of inquests when they lose, either. :LOL:
Still, if you don't like football there's hours of tennis. I don't know BBC and ITV didn't just dedicate one channel to 24 hour football - everyone would have been happy.:)

Change channel? If only it were that simple. I don't object to its being on ............... I just object to its being on everywhere. This morning's BBC, football. ITV, football. LBC, football. TalkRadio, football - and they have two other sports only stations. I'm not looking forward to the years of inquests when they lose, either. :LOL:
Still, if you don't like football there's hours of tennis. I don't know BBC and ITV didn't just dedicate one channel to 24 hour football - everyone would have been happy.:)
Tour de France. On all day, one whole week to go, in the mountains. It's turning into a classic. https://www.itv.com/hub/tour-de-france/1a7000a0231
It's quite possible to completely ignore football!

You seem to have grasped the wrong end of the stick ;-)

I was just saying to the moaners that there is just one more game for *them* to put up with

I am more than happy to have footy on much more than we presently do, the more the merrier, given I can't afford all the highly expensive pay channels, even happier to see England in a major final for the first time in 55 years

Footy has to be better than the endless repeats of murder she wrote, midsummer murders etc etc

Looking at the schedules on most channels you could be forgiven for thinking you were back in the 70's, or 80's, The Sweeney, The Saint, Perry Mason, The Bill etc etc etc

I don't follow either cycling or tennis but many do so whats the point of complaining

Nobody has to "put up with" anything they don't want to. Switch it off, change channel, there are loads of choices even if old repeats, stream something, watch a film, go for a walk or into your workshop, there's an astonishing choice out there. Failing that why not organize your sock drawer. ;) :ROFLMAO:

It's on, has a huge following and worldwide interest, more so that much of the other stuff on radio and TV so unfortunately you'll have to lump it, grumbling will change nothing.

Footy has to be better than the endless repeats of murder she wrote, midsummer murders etc etc

Looking at the schedules on most channels you could be forgiven for thinking you were back in the 70's, or 80's, The Sweeney, The Saint, Perry Mason, The Bill etc etc etc

Well. no, it hasn't but by the bye.:LOL: Why didn't someone think to replace those channels with football and leave the mainstream channels alone?

Because far more people watch football/tennis & cycling etc than all the endless repeats on the main stream channels (which can also be watched on catch up in the vast majority of cases)

What worthy programs are you missing that have been replaced by sport? (sport has far less coverage on free to view channels than some seem think)

Well. no, it hasn't but by the bye.:LOL: Why didn't someone think to replace those channels with football and leave the mainstream channels alone?
[/QUOTE]

Why didn't someone think to replace those channels with football and leave the mainstream channels alone?
I'd guess it has something to do with the vast majority of the audience wanting to watch the football so it makes sense to show it on the most commonly available channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back