Which Season are we in????

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeturner123

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I should have posted yesterday but never got round to it.

Anyway, round here all the oil seed rape has been harvested; finished a week or more ago! Next I was taking the dog for a walk yesterday morning when there ahead of me was a large stand of brambles. What do I spy, but MASSES of RIPE blackberries. So ripe some were already dropping off.

In my long lost youth, I could swear that we used to START blackberrying at the end of August, just about the time we went back to school.

So my question is

WHAT SEASON IS THIS? Anyone any idea?

Phil

Well, I've been trying to paint some windows, did 7 hours work last week the rest of the time was raining, some of that 7 hours was repairing rain damage on the new paint.

I'm fairly sure it's actually Autumn.

Got back a week ago and I'm sure it was colder and wetter here than it was in Alaska. :roll:

I live in Northern Ireland, we only have one season, the rainy season. Temperatures may go up or down but you can guarantee the rain is never far away.

dc_ni":2wur790v said:
I live in Northern Ireland, we only have one season, the rainy season. Temperatures may go up or down but you can guarantee the rain is never far away.
We were in Ketchican Dave on one of the dry days they get. The average rainfall count is around 13 feet of rain pa

I know, it's my fault the weather! I decided that this year I'd paint the windows and made a start in the middle of June which from orevious experience always causes the weather to turn. I knew I was tempting fate....it feels as thought we haven't had a dry day since...or a day where I didn't think it would rain.

Our first blackberry pie was three weeks ago!! I've started to find mushrooms in the fairy rings and I'm wondering if the bilberrys are also now ready for picking........all about a month early!! Oh and I've already heard the first Xmas carol in a shop over the weekend!!!

deema":ojjyvdgl said:
I know, it's my fault the weather! I decided that this year I'd paint the windows and made a start in the middle of June which from orevious experience always causes the weather to turn. I knew I was tempting fate....it feels as thought we haven't had a dry day since...or a day where I didn't think it would rain.

Our first blackberry pie was three weeks ago!! I've started to find mushrooms in the fairy rings and I'm wondering if the bilberrys are also now ready for picking........all about a month early!! Oh and I've already heard the first Xmas carol in a shop over the weekend!!!

I bought a sprinkler as the garden was parched and we have had regular downfalls since and have yet to use it, so I had assumed it was my fault.
I reckon my tomatoes are ripening 2 weeks early, so all is good!

My rhubarb is doing exceptionally well this year. Normally I forget to water it when its hot and dry, but due to the excessive amount of rain we have had I reckon I could keep at least one supermarket going. This is from someone who knows that grass should be green and very little else about gardening!

I spent most of June touring the Highlands and Islands of Scotland and saw very little in the way of rain, which surprised me greatly. Came home to Lincolnshire and it hasn't stopped raining since. I'm currently making a hand built kitchen for my niece which requires a lot of painting of MDF. I don't have a lot of space in my workshop, so do most of it outside on trestles. It is taking forever and it looks like i will have to clear out my conservatory and do it in there.

June was pretty good up here in Scotland as was the first couple of weeks in July. Since then it has rained nearly every day. The rain seems to come in big heavy downpours as well and it only takes 2 minutes to get totally soaked. There is no such thing as drizzle nowadays!

1b86871b-2616-4598-907c-6af655569990_l.jpg

There hasnt been any real rain for over 2 months here and this last week has been HOT, like really hot. Yesterday was about 40 in the shade . Can someone send some rain and cool here. :)

Saturday morning and on opening the curtains, there's condensation inside the kitchen windows - the first sign of Autumn, normally.....on August 5th!

Martin.

It's only just cracked the mid 30s here so far, but it looks to be doing the same today. Too hot in my workshop at the mo and no rain forcast. I think I'll have a cool down in our pool a bit later?

But at least we haven't seen a lot of the Grumand Tracker water bombers based at the Carcassonne airport I'm glad to say, but I assume they are flying their socks off further east and Corsica?

Latest posts

Back