Which other forums?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeG.

Established Member
Reaction score
Just out of sheer curiosity, and as a bit of a survey of other people's varied interests......who would like to share with us any other forums they might belong to? Names aren't necessary, if you dont want.....just an idea of the subject matter.

I'll start by mentioning an Overlander's forum based in South Africa where I indulge in chat about my passion for travelling in the African bush.

Mike

I am a passionate motorcyclist and have been since the age of 14. Those that know me will know that is a while ago..

I like best "adventure biking" - riding in faraway place on rough roads or no roads, so one of my favourite forums is http://www.advrider.com/

For Mike who likes Africa, this is a special - wonderful ride report about some South Africans going to Angola and back

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269251

Their way back took them along the Skeleton coast - a terrifying journey.

198557680-L.jpg

Mainly, in fact, only this one - http://www.pistonheads.com/

Sadly, I rarely post as they aren't the friendliest, polite or knowledgable bunch; VERY unlike UKW :D

I've posted a couple of times on serious subjects only to recieve replies such as "....so how big are your wifes........." You get the idea. :evil: :roll:

Thanks

Mark

This one of course, two archaeological fora, one wildlife one and a political one that I left are two days plus occasional visits to biker fora.

Roy.

The only other forum I post regularly on is The Wood Whisperer Community. No other 'subjects' I used to post on the Grow Your Own forum for a bit when I had my allotment. Years ago I was a regular on a 'digital' forum which eas all about games, technology, etc.

I'm a regular (and almost founder member) onwild about britain (wildlife) to which ive introduced several other folk from here. I also used to go on big shout - an underground dance music site run my a freind of a freind but they had server problems and folded

plus i maintain a covert presence (several different user names and IP addreses) on partyvibe - the ravers website - not because i want to get trashed on ketamine and throw shapes in the countryside - but because its part of my job to try and stop them raving on the ridgeway and it never hurts to understand the oposition.

As wizer a few of the digital forums in the earlier days, now wristwatches are my thing, oh and urban75

waterhead37":gro5utdk said:
For Mike who likes Africa, this is a special - wonderful ride report about some South Africans going to Angola and back

I've just spent the last hour reading that fantastic thread. I know Namibia and the Skeleton Coast fairly well, but haven't been to Angola. What a great bit of internet writing & photo diary that was........it makes me slightly less annoyed about the fuel risks they ran. Brilliant!

Used to post on a mountain biking forum and the Fiat Coupe Forum when I had one (it pays to know what that rattle and squeak is).

Paininthe - what watch forums are of interest? Might enjoy a browse as I do like my watches and can't resist buying another every now and then. Some day I will develop a branch of man maths that justifies the purchase of an IWC

Ironballs":266ys9gz said:
Used to post on a mountain biking forum and the Fiat Coupe Forum when I had one (it pays to know what that rattle and squeak is).

Paininthe - what watch forums are of interest? Might enjoy a browse as I do like my watches and can't resist buying another every now and then. Some day I will develop a branch of man maths that justifies the purchase of an IWC

I'd buy a Rolex Submariner - If I hadn't bought the bloody Omega (amongst other things). Mind you when I sell all the building gear - you never know :wink:

But then I only ever wear 1 and don't do anything with the others! So maybe no Rolex. Tools instead! Man can never have enough tools! 8)

Mike Garnham":18kdntle said:
waterhead37":18kdntle said:

I've just spent the last hour reading that fantastic thread

I've been working my through it all night. It's fascinating. Completely alien concept to me. I don't know how they can ride those bikes with such big b*llocks?? :shock: :lol:

I've been a moderator on http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/ for a couple of years now and a member since not long after it started. Landscapes picture sharing section and tutorials are my main areas. So I spend a lot of time there.

Different subject but there can be similar squabbles to here. Likely to be about lenses or camera brands instead of chisels :) Considering that is is a fair bit larger than here the level of arguments is quite low and, as here, there are plenty of helpful people giving advice.

I know there are other woodwork related forums but I don't view or use any other than UKW.

I used to post regularly on 'the other side', as well as Sawmill Creek, Eurekazone and the oz ubeaut forums. But one's enough. It's all the same. Like buying every single mag on the rack each month. I gave up doing that tool.

Back