Which other forums?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike Garnham":tohtgmwb said:
JoinerySolutions":tohtgmwb said:
I know from another woodwork site that I have given up on that he likes to get on and make stuff rather than sit down at a computer and do what he does for work.

So who were you over there? I gave up on that one probably a year ago.

Mike

Rob Johnson, They asked me to do a couple of write ups for the mags and never even acknowledged what I sent them, then on a later visit to the site it was impossible to concentrate with the ads flickering and changing every few seconds. So I gave up on wood based fora until an info search led me here. I thought you might remember the Shakespear twist below!? :lol:
Also good to see a few others from there on here.
Regards Rob

I discussed websites at length with Nick Gibbs at the end of last year and we both loathed the way that site has their banners going off like fireworks all over the place. It's really off putting. I don't think I've spent more than five minutes on that forum. F&W have cleaned up their act tho.

shoeforum.com is quite fascinating. I am a member of a motorhome forum, several cycling forums, The BBC, Country Living, Art Forums. Scultpture .net is quite amazing and the way they discuss their art, philosophy and meaning of their work, concepts and new technologies etc. I'd like to say that this forum, UKWorkshop is the best and most helpful woodworking forum that I have found.

Soulfly":d4kus9bh said:
shoeforum.com

:shock: :-s

As in shoes? It looks like it's mainly women's shoes to me. I take it you are female then Soulfly ?

There is an ugly shoes category somewhere. Tell me about the ugliest shoes you've ever owned or seen? Don't have a shoes fetish but the silly shoes people wear tells us all we need to know about the absurdity of the human condition and why do you always find odd shoes discarded at the side of the road or on beaches?

Digit":278742c6 said:
No one interested in Railways?
So I'm an Anorak! :oops:

Roy.

After working for 30 yrs on the railway i'm just about getting used to it. Athough being on the train Kettering to Moor St my wife refused to get off at Stoubridge so i could do the bit of line between Junction and Town.

paininthe":2p2k7huv said:
Digit":2p2k7huv said:

Roy.

After working for 30 yrs on the railway i'm just about getting used to it. Athough being on the train Kettering to Moor St my wife refused to get off at Stoubridge so i could do the bit of line between Junction and Town.

A number of years ago I was on a return journey from Sheffield to Milton Keynes when I got chatting to a retired train driver, he had spent all his life on the trains and never really got to see any place. His wife had passed away so he spent his time visiting all the places he really wanted to see, stopping at a B&B as needed. Fascinating old boy with a real passion for trains and railway history, it was a shame to part company when I got to MK, that trip seemed to take no time at all.
I don't think the term 'anorak' really applied to him, though I am sure others would. So let interesting anoraks unite! :lol:

I'm sure to the unsloped, average person, we all look like anoraks here!!

I quite like the Dull Men's Club - http://www.dullmensclub.com/

Fascinating information like the world's largest database of airport luggage carousels and whether they go clockwise or anticlockwise.

There's Roundabouts and Website Graveyard as well...

Brendan

I'm speechless...

Never! :lol:
As a retired engineer I can't ignore railways. At the moment I'm reading a book their history in every major country in the world. The anecdotes are fascinating.

Roy.

On opening my favorites, and into the forums section... im a regular on a few general DIY ones, a welding one, which i help moderate. All practicle dirty hands type stuff. The other which i mostly look at more than post is 28dayslater, urban exploration. Its a bit of a cross between the Urbex side of it and the photography side.
The first time i visited i was hook antill the early hours.

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/index.php

Digit":lvwziwoz said:

Roy.

For reasons I cannot fathom I like to gawp at this type of train:
3354530142_d160877f9b.jpg

2663524565_a3bc78b80f.jpg

But I don't belong to any train forums.

matt":1p5kardj said:
For reasons I cannot fathom I like to gawp at this type of train:
3354530142_d160877f9b.jpg

Can`t fault you there Matt, i even bought the East coast main line Deltic`s video, even my lads like Deltics, much to their mothers disgust :D :roll:

Like sailing clippers the steam locos have an aura that can't be beaten IMO.

Roy.

Back