Is one forum better than the other?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mahomo59

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it necessary to belong to more than one forum, I believe yes! It's far better to get an answer by a wider spread, for sure. What's not necessary is to go on to one forum and undermined the other...question is why????
So you're on the FOG for example saying " I left ukw because it was blah blah blah" then return to buy off the ukw in the 'for sale' section...
Surely it's not a cudoss thing?! Ford over Audi, tesco over lidl... Are we not trying to help each other out, share information, tool reviews, methods etc.
There is a cross over in forums for sure, but surely that's a good thing! My petty rant is ..well, petty. I'm just against putting one forum down over the other.
I'm not going anywhere with this...only that, can we all just get on? If you don't like a forum,then just leave. Simples really.

Well said.

Im a member of several forums for different topics. Some are great and just get on with it however others seem to be very competitive and derogatory to others. Personally I think they shoot themselves in the foot as it makes people less likely to go on, but each to their own I guess.

I'm on a number of different forums (only 2 for wood work) and I really don't see why people need to moan about other forums. If you don't like it then don't visit but let other do what they want.

As for wood working I'm on here and FOG, although very rarely visit there.

As for the best forum - well the Disco3Club.co.uk is the best! I'm only saying that as I'm the chair, but there is a much bigger and longer established forum disco3.co.uk that is very good. We have different aims and seem to live in reasonable harmony with each other. I think it's about being polite and mature!

This place is good. Well moderated. Interesting wide range of topics.
Nice folks who have become friends

And added entertainment when Jacob says how it is :lol:
Actually I think he has been a bit off form lately , I do hope he is well.

lurker":1eushc6j said:
phil.p":1eushc6j said:
He's still struggling to come to terms with the result of the general election. :D

Are'nt we all. :(

Nope. I for one am glad we didn't end up with another Labour government. Look at the dung they left us with last time - this country was almost on its knees. People slag off the Tories but they seem to forget about the complete mess they inherit from the reds every time.

MMUK":u4khzbhn said:
lurker":u4khzbhn said:
phil.p":u4khzbhn said:
He's still struggling to come to terms with the result of the general election. :D

Nope. I for one am glad we didn't end up with another Labour government. Look at the dung they left us with last time - this country was almost on its knees. People slag off the Tories but they seem to forget about the complete mess they inherit from the reds every time.
The mess was entirely due to the bankers and crack-pot "neo-liberal" economics kicked off by Thatcher and Reagan. The only odd thing about it was the labour party's inability to defend itself against this silly rumour. It wasn't Gordon Brown who made Lehmans go bust.
You can read about it if you can be bothered..
Before the crash labour weren't doing too badly and the crash was not their fault. http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablo ... owing-data

MMUK":waiwvom1 said:
lurker":waiwvom1 said:
phil.p":waiwvom1 said:

Spain, Ireland, Portugal, Greece, America, Germany . . . . I could go on.
To suggest that the Labour government was responsible for the mess is pretty blinkered.
Tory press having it's influence again and the blind swallow it all as though it's some sort of delicious dessert.

Some of the regulars may have noticed that the poster using the pseudonym 'Jacob' has been quite quiet recently. It was suggested above that that may be because he was trying to come to terms with the result of the general election. I am in a position to report (thanks to my MI5 contacts, who I mustn't mention) that 'Jacob' is not, in fact, struggling at all, but is very much engaged in 'other matters' than woodwork, and thus has little time for posting here.

The reason, you see, is that 'Jacob' is not Jacob Butler, woodworker from Derbyshire. Oh no, that's just a carefully constructed disguise. 'Jacob' is, in fact, Jeremy Corbyn.

I've been quiet cos I've been on me hols - Skye if you really want to know.
Had a look in at the Skye Museum which amongst other things does a very interesting account of the clearances.
For those who don't know - the clearances were a big feature of 18/19 century life whereby huge numbers of the working population were turfed off the land to make way for sheep farming and hunting. The expression "turfed off" is derived from the activities of landlords who would destroy the homes of their tenants by ripping off the turf roofs from their primitive homes.
The process has been going on ever since throughout Britain with the land being emptied of ordinary working people and areas of cities similarly "gentrified" by wealthy riff-raff.

MIGNAL":unrby395 said:
MMUK":unrby395 said:

Spain, Ireland, Portugal, Greece, America, Germany . . . . I could go on.
To suggest that the Labour government was responsible for the mess is pretty blinkered.
Tory press having it's influence again and the blind swallow it all as though it's some sort of delicious dessert.

I could say the same about Labour sympathisers :roll:

You did it several posts back, in case you didn't notice. That's what the Tworwy press do, keep repeating it so it becomes a mantra. They did it with Miliband. Kept repeating what a complete buffoon he was. He was such a buffoon that Cameron sht himself when faced with a certain debate. They send young men into war zones yet too much of a coward to face a debate on TV!
Hardly says much for Cameron! :roll:

OK you want to spoil another thread by going off topic please go elsewhere and do it.
(6a.) Politics.
Over the years there has been one subject that has caused heated debates on the forums and that is politics. For that reason political discussion, in particular party political comments in a thread are not regarded as acceptable, please remember this is a woodworking forum after all. We do however understand that politics effects everyday life which is why some topics may be allowed depending on the circumstances.

Thread now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back