Advice needed for wiring a segmented lighthouse lamp

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, segmenting is a wood turning technique to turn, normally, bowls and vases out of "bricks" of wood. I wanted to make the body of a lighthouse with this technique, I attached an image so that you can see what I mean. (I thought I was coming up with an original idea but obviously someone else thought about it before me!)
Thanks everyone for your help I think I've got the answer I needed now, I just need to use a 12V spotlight and 12V power supply.
Just a thought - car interior or number plate bulbs are 12v a cheap way of sourcing the bulbs

Just a thought - car interior or number plate bulbs are 12v a cheap way of sourcing the bulbs
Are they? That's a great idea, I've actually got some lying around somewhere. That would make it even easier.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Somewhere, some time ago I had a 12 volt led circuit made to imitate the sweep of a lighthouse light, it was from a guy on UK eBay , Ill try and dig out the Led and circuit as I havent yet had the time to make my own Lighthouse , it used a jumbo ultra bright Led as the light source, from memory it worked very well when I tested it !! Let me see what I can do.

Back