Garden fence replacement....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As some others have said, build one in place. I had the same problem with an overhanging tree. Make a frame that fits between the grooves, copying the existing panels. Then nail the feather boards on. Most fence suppliers (not B&Q) will sell and deliver all the timber to make a panel yourself. This method was particularly handy for me because one of the concrete pillars had moved so the gap was not square. I was able to make an off square panel to suit.

Faced with a similar situation, I reduced the width of the panel so it could be slotted in at one end and cleared the post at the other without lifting. It was fixed in place by screwing it to a piece of (treated) wood placed into the groove of the second post.

Thank you all for your ideas. We've adopted the plan to put 2 x 1/2 size panels in after some trimming of branches overhanging our garden.

I really don't like the common fencing panels - they're too thin and don't last long. I bought some feather edge panels from a fencing contractor. The feather edge are twice as thick as the boards you get at B&Q. They we're reasonably priced and are solid.

I would build a frame within the gap and then screw your boards to the frame.

Back