Which new TV?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris152":1ku4vjle said:
Currys have the LG 43UK6470PLC 43" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV, which differs from the one at John Lewis by a couple of numbers and a letter, but should give us some idea of how the LG 43UK6400PLF LED HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart TV at JL looks? And John Lewis comes with 5 years guarantee (they're good at guarantees there, aren't they?).

Thanks everyone, a real help.

They look like the exact same TV. Currys/PCWorld like to have their own model numbers for hardware. It may be that the warranty is with them rather than LG.
That is often the case for HP computers sold by PCW.

You can view a comparison of their tech specs here:
https://www.lg.com/uk/ultra-hd-4k-tvs

DiscoStu":3ollqb68 said:
Samsung, LG or Panasonic are the only brands I’d buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silly sticking to brand loyalty like that these days, all of those companies have TV's made by Vestel with their own name put on it.

Did you think about Panasonic's outlet store on Ebay? We bought a 55" EX model last year for £400. Supposedly refurbished, but it arrived like new - all fully wrapped. I think it was just a purchaser returning it unopened. For £200 you can get a 43" TV from them today and for another £100 you can get a 49". Both Smart TVs.

Hi Chris
Currys I believe get some of the tvs made for them with different model numbers so most people can't find the exact same tv to compare prices. Specs are identical as you suspect. I was given this information a long time ago by a Panasonic rep.

Currys also aren't that clever with their guarantees unless they've improved since my experience a number of years ago whilst John Lewis is very good normally.

One other thing should look at is the program guide listing, some are slow to load and on others the page design and colour mix is poor. We have a small Panasonic which my wife can't read it's so bad.

Btw you might think a larger screen is too big when you get it but that doesn't last long. :lol:

Well - we went, we saw and we ordered (when we got home). John Lewis's 4K LG, which MrTeroo suggested we consider - I was surprised how clear the differences seemed even compared to a 1080 screen. Hopefully I won't have to think about tvs again for a while (well, til Huawei release their 8K set, obviously...).

Thanks again everyone, really helpful advice.

Back