Wheres Brad, Dunc, Dan, alcomist etc etc

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had also noticed his absence. Hope he's ok. Maybe he made a miwyonairre and is living his life out in the currant bun ;)

I sometimes call in on him when I walk past his shop to get my Sunday morning paper, but there's been no sign of him for a few weeks now.

Dex

Actually, I've been and got myself a hobby!

I've never really had a 'hobby' before - my life revolving around work and home. But since I joined a golf club I have become a man obsessed; if I'm not at the driving range after work I'm on some forum or other discussing the relative merits of golf courses I've never played on with people I don't know from all over the world!

Thanks for the concern though; I'm absolutely fine and rushing to get all my orders finished for Christmas.

I'll still be around albeit a little less. I've not done a Scrit or anything!

Cheers
Brad

I'm not the only one! This is my 9-year old out with me last Sunday morning in the mist...

Wedding214.jpg

BradNaylor":2yjbctsc said:
Actually, I've been and got myself a hobby!

I've never really had a 'hobby' before - my life revolving around work and home. But since I joined a golf club I have become a man obsessed; if I'm not at the driving range after work I'm on some forum or other discussing the relative merits of golf courses I've never played on with people I don't know from all over the world!

Thanks for the concern though; I'm absolutely fine and rushing to get all my orders finished for Christmas.

I'll still be around albeit a little less. I've not done a Scrit or anything!

Cheers
Brad

offers still there to play The Belfry in the warmer months, only a mile or so from my house.

Thats great news Dunc.

I got the golf bug back in the early 2000's, straight from work to the golf course, down the range etc etc, even got a handicap of 12 at one point, then I started the business....... played 8 times in 6 years...... still went round in 18 over last round.
But I don't want to play all the time, don't know why, just seems a bit pointless, I like the walking better than the hitting.

My tip, don't listen to anyone apart from a pro. Most people have terrible swings yet seem to think they are Tiger woods.
hand made kitchens Herts

May seem a bit weird but, got a fair golf course just off of my front yard . never felt the pull of it though. Never got the bug I guess. Have watched folk chase balls done over in fluorescent paint wander through snow banks and swing at the occasional hook around a standing 4 foot obstacle that could just melt?!!! Am I just weird or are they? Just by being here you can see that I like the hobby thing. I am at the very least a sympathetic type as regards having a good time doing what I feel is fun. Golf is however a bit of a sore spot for me. Sorry guys but it is a ball in the bush that you chase with a stick. You chase a ball with a stick!!!! Marriages have been compromised , men have been struck by lightning. You and they (golfers) have spent time doing this in rain ,snow and hail. Is none of this weird to you?
I play pool (snooker) for diversion , I chase balls around with a stick, I also have been known to do this when weather is bad (indoors). Sorry but I just don't get it.

Speaking of Golf

TEN BEST CADDY REMARKS:
Golfer: "Think I'm going to drown myself in the lake."
Caddy: "Think you can keep your head down that long?"

Golfer: "I'd move heaven and earth to break 100 on this
course."
Caddy: "Try heaven, you've already moved most of the
earth."

Golfer: "Do you think my game is improving?"
Caddy: "Yes , you miss the ball much closer now."

Golfer: "Do you think I can get there with a 5 iron?"
Caddy: "Eventually."

Golfer: "You've got to be the worst caddy in the world."
Caddy: "I don't think so . That would be too much of a Coincidence."

Golfer: "Please stop checking your watch all the time. It's too much
of a distraction."
Caddy: "It's not a watch - it's a compass."

Golfer: "How do you like my game?"
Caddy: "Very good , but personally, I prefer golf."

Golfer: "Do you think it's a sin to play on Sunday?
Caddy: "The way you play, it's a sin on any day."

Golfer: "This is the worst course I've ever played on."
Caddy: "This isn't the golf course. We left that an hour ago."

#1 Best Caddy Comment:
Golfer: "That can't be my ball, it's too old."
Caddy: "It's been a long time since we teed off, sir."

And the old favorite.....is the one about the Golfer who has been
slicing off the tee at every hole.
He finally gives up and asks his long suffering caddy if he has seen
any obvious problems to which the caddy replies.
"There's a piece of rubbish on the end of your club ". The Golfer picks
his club up and cleans the club face at which point
the caddy says "No, the other end"

Travis

lanemaux":f2wue8ao said:
May seem a bit weird but, got a fair golf course just off of my front yard . never felt the pull of it though. Never got the bug I guess. Have watched folk chase balls done over in fluorescent paint wander through snow banks and swing at the occasional hook around a standing 4 foot obstacle that could just melt?!!! Am I just weird or are they? Just by being here you can see that I like the hobby thing. I am at the very least a sympathetic type as regards having a good time doing what I feel is fun. Golf is however a bit of a sore spot for me. Sorry guys but it is a ball in the bush that you chase with a stick. You chase a ball with a stick!!!! Marriages have been compromised , men have been struck by lightning. You and they (golfers) have spent time doing this in rain ,snow and hail. Is none of this weird to you?
I play pool (snooker) for diversion , I chase balls around with a stick, I also have been known to do this when weather is bad (indoors). Sorry but I just don't get it.

im a fairweather golfer, i only like to play golf on the summer days when i can wear shorts (pleated of course).

Back