What's gotten into the wood dust?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lons":232rgbao said:
Maybe they shouldn't come out on their own? They don't have a divine right to utter weird opinions on guns, politics etc, without them being discussed.
Maybe they should all move over to the Haven? If they don't like frank exchanges of opinion they should keep put of public forums like this one.

Prima-Facie

That's the last post I'll make on this thread, .. ......
Promises, promises! :lol:
Heard it before; all those threats to leave us and go over to the old folks haven. :roll:
It's here BTW http://thewoodhaven.co.uk/phpBB3/index.php get in there quickly you might be in time for Allbran and the morning Bingo session.
NB mobility aids to be left at the door; they are trying to reduce the stick fights and slipper throwing (they had to ban P bottles :roll: ).

Cheerio have a nice time.

PS just had a look in. No posts this morning I think they are all still in bed. Friday night is Valium night.

This will also be my last post to this thread.

This forum is still, in general, the place it was when I joined. The general atmosphere is one of support and encouragement.

I think that to say there is more disagreement is wrong. Without getting too personal, most of the flack seems to be aimed in one direction, at one individual. As I have said before, maybe that individual could consider why this is as there is not usually smoke without fire.

Yes, I am sure it provides some entertainment but in the end becomes tiresome. Out here in the real world we, no doubt, just avoid any individual that we don't like/agree with/ can't tolerate. But, we inhabit this forum for the positive things it offers and frankly, its a pain in the bum to have to filter out those whose sole reason for living seems to be the wind up or controversy. Its very difficult to avoid and the 'ignore' feature doesn't really work.

Saying we should avoid a forum that offers so much is not helpful. I'm sure most of us are quite capable of looking after ourselves and there are times when something or somebody just becomes so annoying that we have to react. So it looks like we are just going to have to carry on the way we are, ignore where we can but put our point of view where we feel we must.

Rather like real life in fact.

gus3049":lrk3keq2 said:
..... So it looks like we are just going to have to carry on the way we are, ignore where we can but put our point of view where we feel we must.

Rather like real life in fact.
Yes I think you have got it. Welcome to the world!
Although maybe there should be a "Do not disturb" button as well as "Ignore" ?

John Benchwayze said it all for me and his point seems to have been totally lost in the welter of wooden spoon weilding*. I have better things to do with my time than read provocative, inflammatory posts with no real object other than to position the poster at the centre of attention and (presumably) entertain, amuse and (God Help Us!) satisfy some need in the poster. The last series of slights on another forum - which, I agree, is moribund at present - is little short of the verbal bullying and cat-calling I see every day in my 'real job'. But, the difference is, it's perpetrated there by immature, spoilt little boys, who have not yet learned the qualities we call dignity and restraint. Jacob? You're back on my "foe" list.

Sam

*= 'stirring it up'.

SammyQ":38a4bbkq said:
..... no real object other than to position the poster at the centre of attention ....'.
I didn't choose to be here - it was our OP who put me at the centre of attention. I'd prefer to be ignored.

deserter":14u09iu8 said:
What is going on? This forum used to be such a happy and pleasant place to visit, with loads of really good knowledge. Of late however it seems to be that every second post contains arguments and name calling.
Come on guys and girls let's all behave like adults and get along shall we, I mean who if someone does something different to you, why have a go at them, better to explain your own method and let others divide which is the best way to proceed.
If we're not careful the place is going to dissolve and people will find elsewhere to go and be helpful, this is a UK based forum visited by people from all over the globe because of its quality, much more if the current behaviour and knowledge will leave followed closely by everyone else.

There's an old saying which I think goes double for the Internet...

If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

Quoted:
The original post.

Jacob.
You weren't mentioned.

Obviously you found a cap that fits.

=;

Benchwayze":3pxpj1db said:
Quoted:
The original post.

Jacob.
You weren't mentioned.

=;
2nd post down, from saditwat:
adidat":3pxpj1db said:
coughjacobcough
Nobody demurred so I took it as a deliberate personal attack thread. Or was it aimed at someone else and saditwat got it wrong?

Jacob":2jy465hs said:
Benchwayze":2jy465hs said:
Quoted:
The original post.

Jacob.
You weren't mentioned.

=;
adidat":2jy465hs said:
coughjacobcough
Nobody demurred so I took it as a deliberate personal attack thread. Or was it aimed at someone else and saditwat got it wrong?

Oh Dear... I think I'd better go see the Doc. I must be closer to senility than I though, because I'm sure I vowed not to respond to Jacob again. I might have to go and get some new reading glasses too. I thought for a moment, Jacob was calling adidat a 'tw*t'!

Nah! it must be my eyes. Jacob would never deliberately insult anyone like that. He couldn't get away with it. The Mods wouldn't allow it. Would they? 8)

PS And second post down, isn't the Original Poster Jacob. :roll:

Benchwayze":1r40vtn9 said:
Jacob":1r40vtn9 said:
Benchwayze":1r40vtn9 said:
Quoted:
The original post.

Jacob.
You weren't mentioned.

=;
adidat":1r40vtn9 said:
coughjacobcough

Oh Dear... I think I'd better go see the Doc. I must be closer to senility than I though, because I'm sure I vowed not to respond to Jacob again. I might have to go and get some new reading glasses too. I thought for a moment, Jacob was calling adidat a 'tw*t'!

Nah! it must be my eyes. Jacob would never deliberately insult anyone like that. He couldn't get away with it. The Mods wouldn't allow it. Would they? 8)
Typo!
Could have been worse - I might inadvertently have used the other "T" word :shock: ( TWERP )

Benchwayze":3pvsroll said:
Oh Dear... I think I'd better go see the Doc.

Anytime, always happy to help ......

As a side note, not aimed at any side of this arguement, but it's very easy to "quote" people and twist the original meaning, or select bits to discredit one side without taking the whole post as the complete content (i'm an expert at it)

Benchwayze":4okqs5qs said:
Even the US spell-check doesn't recognise that one; with a z or an s! ) :D

Probably written by some cock-a-maime, God damn SOB, God dammit. (blimey, dammit seems ok :? )

studders":1zqh2rkc said:
Benchwayze":1zqh2rkc said:

Probably written by some cock-a-maime, God damn SOB, God dammit. (blimey, dammit seems ok :? )

Heard incentivise used on the Beeb a couple of nights ago Studders.
I suppose it's too difficult to say encourage, or give someone an incentive! :roll:

Benchwayze":1fhe7grh said:
studders":1fhe7grh said:
Benchwayze":1fhe7grh said:

Heard incentivise used on the Beeb a couple of nights ago Studders.
I suppose it's too difficult to say encourage, or give someone an incentive! :roll:

Ah, but any noun can be verbed these days.

how many of out athletes are expected "to medal" this summer? The BBC seem to love that "verb"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back