What's gotten into the wood dust?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:
Jacob":pcjg7wgt said:
Lons":pcjg7wgt said:
Maybe they shouldn't come out on their own? They don't have a divine right to utter weird opinions on guns, politics etc, without them being discussed.
Maybe they should all move over to the Haven? If they don't like frank exchanges of opinion they should keep put of public forums like this one.

Prima-Facie

That's the last post I'll make on this thread, .. ......
Promises, promises! :lol:
Heard it before; all those threats to leave us and go over to the old folks haven. :roll:
It's here BTW http://thewoodhaven.co.uk/phpBB3/index.php get in there quickly you might be in time for Allbran and the morning Bingo session.
NB mobility aids to be left at the door; they are trying to reduce the stick fights and slipper throwing (they had to ban P bottles :roll: ).

Cheerio have a nice time.

PS just had a look in. No posts this morning I think they are all still in bed. Friday night is Valium night.

You must have had a few bevies too many to write such cr*p :roll:
In not one of my posts have I ever intimated or suggested that I or anyone else would go over to the Haven whereas you have said it several times to more than one member and in a rude and abusive manner (as above, the first 2 quote lines are yours).
Apart from attacking other members you are attacking another forum. They have every right to exist also whether or not you disagree with their policies.
Clearly demonstrates your true character for all to see (hammer).

Yes you have succeeded in provoking a response to your latest b******t so I'm sure that will make you happy :lol: - Ah well little things please little minds!
Bye

Lons":3kd98npv said:
:lol:
Jacob":3kd98npv said:
Lons":3kd98npv said:
[.............

Prima-Facie

That's the last post I'll make on this thread, .. ......
Promises, promises! :lol:
Heard it before; all those threats to leave us and go over to the old folks haven. :roll:
It's here BTW http://thewoodhaven.co.uk/phpBB3/index.php get in there quickly you might be in time for Allbran and the morning Bingo session.
NB mobility aids to be left at the door; they are trying to reduce the stick fights and slipper throwing (they had to ban P bottles :roll: ).

Cheerio have a nice time.

PS just had a look in. No posts this morning I think they are all still in bed. Friday night is Valium night.

You must have had a few bevies too many to write such cr*p :roll:
In not one of my posts have I ever intimated or suggested that I or anyone else would go over to the Haven whereas you have said it several times to more than one member and in a rude and abusive manner (as above, the first 2 quote lines are yours).
Apart from attacking other members you are attacking another forum. They have every right to exist also whether or not you disagree with their policies.
Clearly demonstrates your true character for all to see (hammer).

Yes you have succeeded in provoking a response to your latest b******t so I'm sure that will make you happy :lol: - Ah well little things please little minds!
Bye
So is this the last post you'll make on this thread? :lol: :lol:

Jacob":1anngc1y said:
So is this the last post you'll make on this thread? :lol: :lol:

Never said so in that post you p**** :roll:

Read it again :)

Totally agree doug, it always amazes me that the folks that blame everyone else for attacks are usually at it themselves..

This goes on and on and on over the years. Forums are funny places, and they develop cliques and group-think, and then dissenters end up like splinters - slowly going septic and being violently rejected by the body politic. Jacob, of course, is a rambunctious highly opinionated buttocks - but over time is clearly actually very open minded in an auto-didactic iconoclastic way. I happen to be quite fond of him for that, for some unknown reason, which may be that he reminds me of my grandfather, well he's the same age at least. But anyway, the people who cling closest to the core, and reject the "splinter" most violently, do not seem to recognise what they are doing or why, or how aggressive and nasty it looks from the outside. It is like they genuinely cannot see that other people might have different approaches or views, and genuinely do not venerate the same things they do. Jacob, again of course, confuses this by having a mischievous sense of humour, which when combined with about ten times the intelligence of most of his foes, does make it slightly inevitable that toys will exit prams.

Jake":396tt3bc said:
in an auto-didactic iconoclastic way.

Yep, got it all apart from this bit ..... just say this again in Essex

Steve and Doug

You've taken that in isolation and completely ignored Jacobs posts in between have you not?

I haven't made a comment of any kind on either of you and I respect your right to an opinion as I would hope you respect mine.
If you review the posts honestly then you may understand why I said that (or not as the case may be).

neither as far (as I can recollect) ever "attacked" any other member of ukw in any of my 1500+ posts.

Unfortunately, the person in question has managed to irritate me which probably pleases him no end :lol:

Anyway, hopefully Noel will kill this thread as it's gone far enough.

cheers

bob

doctor Bob":3r8nparp said:
Jake":3r8nparp said:
in an auto-didactic iconoclastic way.

Yep, got it all apart from this bit ..... just say this again in Essex

Self-taught inquiring mind and does not give a pineapple about accepted "truths"

Jake":11hpxlfb said:
...about ten times the intelligence of most of his foes...
That is a bit sweeping without evidence of any of the members achievements or IQ's, but I will say that if calling people 'morons' amongst other such 'select' descriptions, accusing people of being racist when posting equally racist comments himself, trying to destroy a persons credibility by tearing apart his printed work when it was nothing like he was implying, telling people to 'f*ck off' on the forum, and elsewhere, calling another member 'a c*nt' by PM, and so on and so on, then i'm quite happy to remain 'thick'.

Andy

andy king":2ejtq0k1 said:
Jake":2ejtq0k1 said:
...about ten times the intelligence of most of his foes...
That is a bit sweeping without evidence of any of the members achievements or IQ's, but I will say that if calling people 'morons' amongst other such 'select' descriptions, accusing people of being racist when posting equally racist comments himself, trying to destroy a persons credibility by tearing apart his printed work when it was nothing like he was implying, telling people to 'f*ck off' on the forum, and elsewhere, calling another member 'a c*nt' by PM, and so on and so on, then i'm quite happy to remain 'thick'.

"Most" Andy, but I can't be bothered to disagree with your own self-selection as to whether you are (a) one of the foes (have to say you weren't one of the clique I was thinking of) or (b) if so, one of the most or one of the minority.

As to your examples, there are two sides to every story. Your own printed story grudge I recall vaguely, and I have to say that I don't recall it being particularly clear cut in your favour.

Jake":22mlchw1 said:
...have to say you weren't one of the clique I was thinking of...
the 'clique' works both ways - those who support him haven't been on the recieving end of the same diatribe.

Jake":22mlchw1 said:
...As to your examples, there are two sides to every story. Your own printed story grudge I recall vaguely, and I have to say that I don't recall it being particularly clear cut in your favour.
I was simply defending the particular member, not myself as such. What went on because of it was not of my making, but i did defend myself to a different accusation being made because of it.
However, that particular incident was damning and could have been very damaging to the particular member whose credibility was being attacked. The postings being made were simply untrue if you read the article in question.
I'll leave it at that.

Andy

Hi Jake

Just out of curiosity, which of the multitude of hypotheses did you use to measure and justify those intelligence levels?
I don't remember being asked to divulge my academic qualifications, training or experience when joining the forum.

cheers

Bob

andy king":3k91txrv said:
Jake":3k91txrv said:
...have to say you weren't one of the clique I was thinking of...
the 'clique' works both ways - those who support him haven't been on the recieving end of the same diatribe.

Umm, why would they be? It wasn't a diatribe, it was a musing on life online in largely male groups.

By the way, I disagree with Jacob on lots of things, but that's not the point. I like fancy tools, Veritas, Festool, diamond sharpening (oh he found that didn't he) etc.

If you look at when Jacob is actively rude it is generally after someone else has kicked off at him for saying something wood-related (or OT, but on-thread-OT). Personally, I think that the people that react most virulently to him either have an self-importance problem or a fragile ego, or (as is commonly the case) both.

Lons":2x17u2no said:
Hi Jake

Just out of curiosity, which of the multitude of hypotheses did you use to measure and justify those intelligence levels?
I don't remember being asked to divulge my academic qualifications, training or experience when joining the forum

You self-selected yourself into the "most", why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back