what tunes make u crank up the volume.....?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was trying to NOT respond to this thread - I'd be happier with "what would you turn off" and most would be in what has been suggested !

Björling has long been my favourite Tenor and The Pearl Fisher's has never been bettered (IMO)

I always turn off Goretsky's 3rd and virtually anything by Eric Whitacre (and I'm in three choirs!)

Last edited:
I'm also in the camp of what you would turn off, but then I don't listen to the radio in the workshop, it's a dangerous distraction IMO.

And to the guy that says his neighbours have to listen to his music as well, I would have a restraining order on him for noise nuisance, As it happens I live rurally so don't have to put up with inconsiderate neighbours.

Offenbach's Can Can
Radetsky March by Strauss
Toccata and fugue in C,D,G minor. Bach.
E Lucevan le Stelle, Vissi d'arte by Puccini.

I was trying to NOT respond to this thread - I'd be happier with "what would you turn off" and most would be in what has been suggested !

Bjorling has long been my favourite Tenor and The Pearl Fisher's has never been bettered (IMO)

I always turn off Goretsky's 3rd and virtually anything by Eric Whitacre (and I'm in three choirs!)

Yes. I'd like to have heard Hvorostovsky & Björling sing Au Fond du Temple Saint, though.
I always turn off The Lark Ascending and Rhapsody in Blue.

Yes. I'd like to have heard Hvorostovsky & Björling sing Au Fond du Temple Saint, though.
The Lark is a beautiful piece that has been done to death by Classic FM and the “Spiritualites”. When I was a young teenager I heard it on the Radio and loved it. I went to the main Record Shop in Manchester (Rare Records on John Dalton Street) and asked for the LP. I was told in a kindly manner by the assistant that there was only one recording of it and that it was on an expensive label. He knew my pocket money only extended to Classiscs for Pleasure albums!!

I saved up and a few weeks later was the proud owner of the HMV album with Hugh Bean playing and Sir Adrian Boult conducting. A superb performance that hasn’t been bettered in my view.

Alman brothers,S.R.V. Little Feat. Queens of the stone age. John Lee hooker. Bonnie Rait. Tedeschi trucks band.
Tony

The fact that Jussi died two years before Dmitri was born puts that in the realms of fantasy. He did record it with Kaufmann & Groves (seperately!) but neither of them really match Björling.

Both taken from us far too early :cry:
I'm now in two minds about "The Lark" but "Rhapsody" is still one to savour.

Last edited:
I rarely listen to music deliberately, however when I did it was Dire Straits, Joni Mitchell, Paul Simon that I actually bothered with, nowadays it's tunes from the 90s and 00s if I happen to hear them. TBH though I'm just not that interested although either because of or in spite of, I enjoy prettmuch everything.

I don't particularly like the version with Kaufmann - he sounds to me as if his nose is blocked.
Not just that recording! - I can't understand how he is fêted and cherished by Classic fm - Kaufmann is another that I tend to turn off - or at least down.

For me, it's "Cause we've Ended As Lovers".I will miss him every day, knowing now he is no longer in the world. He's been my guiding light and inspiration for over 50 years.

For me, it's "Cause we've Ended As Lovers".I will miss him every day, knowing now he is no longer in the world. He's been my guiding light and inspiration for over 50 years.
Sad news indeed. Always enjoyed that track especially with Tal Wilkenfeld on bass.
Think S Wonder wrote it.
Not a great follower or massive fan. Enjoy Belero too.

Tubular Bells. Bonking music. 26mins, iirc. If you time it right you can simultaneously hit the bells. Only ever managed it once. Memorable.:ROFLMAO:
26 Minutes ,, I could do the 20 minute walk home from the pub as well in that time, and still ring my bell 🔔 ,,

Latest posts

Back