what tunes make u crank up the volume.....?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fleetwood Mac.. The Chain, Tusk
Anything with Paul Rodgers in, Zac Brown Band, Genesis especially the self titled album,

If you like Don Henley have you heard the Cass County album? Brilliant stuff

Given my age away now :LOL:

Way too many to list, but a few... Unison - Bjork, Paranoid - Black Sabbath, We Live Here - Bob Vylan, Bitterblue - Cat Stevens, Power Player - Clutch, Mid Life Crisis - Faith No More, Teacher, Teacher! - Jinjer, This Flight Tonight - Joni Mitchell, Unfinished Sympathy - Massive Attack, Holy Wars...The Punishment Due - Megadeth, Chloe Dancer/Crown Of Thorns - Mother Love Bone, Go - Pearl Jam, Enemy fire - Ryan Adams, Chimney - Sleaford Mods, My Plague - Slipknot, Parabola - Tool

And of course, the old classic "I don't often listen to Slayer, but when I do, so do my neighbours"

Slipknot Pyschosocial is always a good un super loud.

Last edited:
Michael Jackson: Billie Jean, Smooth Criminal, Jam, She Drives me wild, Blood on the Dance Floor, Heartbreaker

Lastly, Stranger in Moscow. Its a slow track, but the melody and vocals are great at high volume

Today?
(Poor) Delores O’Riordan with Zombie live.
For Mac fans she did a great cover of Go Your Own Way (YouTube on Europe 2 channel).

Today will be anything with Jeff Beck. Rest brother!

Everything on @sploo 's list gets my vote and many more.

Also cranking a lot of GnR as currently going through Izzy's parts on my Goldtop. 😁

I listen to music all day everyday. I suffer tinnitus so like the music to take my mind off of it.

I love female vocalists and often listen to indie rock and folk.

London Grammar was the one I turned up earlier today. Though there are many that catch my ear resulting in a little nudge up of the volume. I generally listen at a low level to prevent my ears getting worse.

I have a kick ass sound system on my desk with choice of speakers or headphones.

I've always got music playing in the workshop, volume definitely gets cranked up for Audioslave and System of a Down, but my absolute favourite is Danger! High Voltage by The Electric Six, they're often discounted as a joke band but they've written some seriously good songs if you don't mind the silly lyrics!

I love female vocalists and often listen to indie rock and folk.
I'll suggest The Big Moon if you're not already familiar, if you close your eyes you can easily imagine you're listening to Sleeper. All female up and coming band, sadly a bit late for Indie to be fashionable. I saw them live at Preston Guild Hall perhaps four or five years ago; I would love to say I was one of the oldest there but sadly not.

I have a kick ass sound system on my desk with choice of speakers or headphones.
Got some good speakers here but rarely power them up, tend to prefer good headphones for music these days. Have the radio on all day working but Radio 4 or the World Service as opposed to music, don't like "listening" to music as a background thing.

On the whole stopped listening to anything with lyrics.

I listen to a lot of classical and modern film scores (Hans Zimmer, James Horner etc).

Currently listening to Camille Saint-Saëns - Samson and Delilah, Bacchanale. Very soothing and uplifting.

I'll suggest The Big Moon if you're not already familiar, if you close your eyes you can easily imagine you're listening to Sleeper. All female up and coming band, sadly a bit late for Indie to be fashionable. I saw them live at Preston Guild Hall perhaps four or five years ago; I would love to say I was one of the oldest there but sadly not.

Got some good speakers here but rarely power them up, tend to prefer good headphones for music these days. Have the radio on all day working but Radio 4 or the World Service as opposed to music, don't like "listening" to music as a background thing.
Thanks for the suggestion. The Big Moon are not a band I was familiar with. Listening to them now.

I prefer speakers when I’m working and headphones when I’m ‘listening’. My office set up is a Chord DAVE fed over optical from a pi based Roon end point. I have QoBuz for streaming. The DAVE drives a pair of Genelec 8031A and a Woo Audio valve amp into a pair of Audeze LCD-5. I’m using my ‘shut out the rubbish TV in the lounge’ system right now which is Roon through my iPhone to a Chord Mojo2 in to a pair of Grado RS1. The Mojo goes with me when I travel along with Shure 846 IEM.

I can’t cope with the radio anymore. Way too much audience participation. I’m absolutely not interested in hearing a discussion with Mrs Smith who is travelling from Luton to Oxford and has an opinion on the price of bread. I much prefer to listen to my choices. I have an Android head unit in the car that also connects to my Roon library at home.

Latest posts

Back