what tunes make u crank up the volume.....?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight?
The National and Future Islands.

I did one of these lists earlier for a guitar forum thread - just going to copy it across :)

Black Country Communion - Song of Yesterday (Live version)

Dave Mathews ft Warren Haynes - Cortez The Killer (Live in Central Park)

Andy Timmons - Cry For You

Kenny Wayne Shepherd - While we Cry

Road Back Home - Zakk Wylde

Buckethead - Soothsayer
Buckethead - One of the best, most emotional versions of Soothsayer Live @ Gothic 9-28-2012

Yellow Ledbetter - Pearl jam
Pearl Jam - Yellow Ledbetter (Official Audio)

Angel Witch - Dr Phibes
Angel Witch - Dr. Phibes

Steve Via - For The Love Of God
Steve Vai - For the Love of God (2021 Upscaled Version)

Dave Meniketti - Until The Next Time
DAVE MENIKETTI - UNTIL THE NEXT TIME

Anything by Rush makes me crank up the volume but Gary Numan is getting played a lot just now. Ozzy gets thumbs up here too as does AC/DC, ZZ Top, Dio, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Led Zep, Def Leppard, Little Feat, Alanis Morissette, to name but a few off the top o me ead....

I listen to music all day everyday. I suffer tinnitus so like the music to take my mind off of it.

I love female vocalists and often listen to indie rock and folk.

London Grammar was the one I turned up earlier today. Though there are many that catch my ear resulting in a little nudge up of the volume. I generally listen at a low level to prevent my ears getting worse.

I have a kick ass sound system on my desk with choice of speakers or headphones.
LG gets my vote plus most EDM. Often play Pete Tong in the workshop.

I did one of these lists earlier for a guitar forum thread - just going to copy it across :)

Black Country Communion - Song of Yesterday (Live version)

Dave Mathews ft Warren Haynes - Cortez The Killer (Live in Central Park)

Andy Timmons - Cry For You

Kenny Wayne Shepherd - While we Cry

Road Back Home - Zakk Wylde

Buckethead - Soothsayer
Buckethead - One of the best, most emotional versions of Soothsayer Live @ Gothic 9-28-2012

Yellow Ledbetter - Pearl jam
Pearl Jam - Yellow Ledbetter (Official Audio)

Angel Witch - Dr Phibes
Angel Witch - Dr. Phibes

Steve Via - For The Love Of God
Steve Vai - For the Love of God (2021 Upscaled Version)

Dave Meniketti - Until The Next Time
DAVE MENIKETTI - UNTIL THE NEXT TIME

I see you, and I raise you... ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXGddxDbOSU

Way too many to list, but a few... Unison - Bjork, Paranoid - Black Sabbath, We Live Here - Bob Vylan, Bitterblue - Cat Stevens, Power Player - Clutch, Mid Life Crisis - Faith No More, Teacher, Teacher! - Jinjer, This Flight Tonight - Joni Mitchell, Unfinished Sympathy - Massive Attack, Holy Wars...The Punishment Due - Megadeth, Chloe Dancer/Crown Of Thorns - Mother Love Bone, Go - Pearl Jam, Enemy fire - Ryan Adams, Chimney - Sleaford Mods, My Plague - Slipknot, Parabola - Tool

And of course, the old classic "I don't often listen to Slayer, but when I do, so do my neighbours"
That's a really diverse mix there sploo and another fellow Bjork afficionado.

I'm the same, all over the gamut, particular favorites are pretty much everything from the late 70's, all the 80's, Kenny Loggins (soundtracks from Footloose and Top Gun being a real "wind the wndows down and crank it up, even if it's raining" faves - Mike Oldfields Tubular Bells, the title track, Earth Wind and Fire "September" along with other great disco tracks - Bee Gees - (better put some heavy stuff in to look "manly") Meatloaf, Prodigy - pretty much any track, a few Alice Coopers, Dusty Springfields "look of love", Louis Armstrong's "All the time in the world" (which hits me everytime). Eminem, all the usual great Bowie, Godley and Creme, ELO etc etc etc.

TBH it would be a smaller list to list what I don't listen to.

Now I'm off to listen to "Boys of Summer"

Oh Yeah - Hans Zimmer - just epic stuff.

Vangelis, Jean Michell Jarre - longtime fan of both of those....

Cee-lo Green's "Bright lights Big city" - Listening to that while walking through New Yorks Times Square was really quite moving - throw in "Concrete Jungle" by Alicia Keys and I'm buzzing.

I've always got music playing in the workshop, volume definitely gets cranked up for Audioslave and System of a Down, but my absolute favourite is Danger! High Voltage by The Electric Six, they're often discounted as a joke band but they've written some seriously good songs if you don't mind the silly lyrics!
Audioslave were great. Huge loss with Cornell passing (same for Soundgarden).

Got to see Electric Six... must be well over a decade ago, at a small venue in Oxford. Great laugh.

Well they have just played "It's Alright" by East 17 on Radio 2 and I must confess I turned up the volume 🤣🤣🤣

Kenny Loggins (soundtracks from Footloose and Top Gun being a real "wind the wndows down and crank it up, even if it's raining" faves -
You reminded me of other 80/90's classics:

Eric Prydz - Call on me
Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a hero
Lionel Ritchie - Easy like Sunday morning
Brian Adams - Summer of 69
Survivor - Burning Heart
Billy Joel - We didn't start the fire
Coolio - Ganster's Paradise
Meatloaf - I'd do anything for love
Eminem - Lose Yourself
KLF - 3am Eternal, Just & Ancient, What time is love
Darude - Sandstorm

Edit:

Forgot,

Kim Carnes - Bettie Davis Eyes
Alannah Myles - Black Velvet
Bon Jovi - Living on a Prayer
Guns & Roses - Paradise City (and others)

Any of Beethoven's late string quartets, Kreisler playing the Canzonetta...
Seger's Live Bullet album...

Latest posts

Back