What tool did you buy today?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Record 53A for a rather large amount of money, but we don't all live in sheffield so they don't tend to show up for a fiver in our local car boot sale :D

Not sure if I can post this in this thread as Technically I bought it back in Feb I think, but it arrived today!

49e6e3b390e2d4b2d1b834d02e03c796.jpg

Not even opened it yet, just tucked it away in the workshop as I've got a few other things going on before I get into that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkDennehy":2dxvicjz said:
A Record 53A for a rather large amount of money, but we don't all live in sheffield so they don't tend to show up for a fiver in our local car boot sale :D
Ah go on, spill!

I paid more than a few tenners for my Woden and that was not in what you'd call pristine nick. Secondhand vices are not exactly thick on the ground here are they? :|

MattRoberts":5z9i09cp said:
Managed to snag this for free. A bit of a clean up and it's working beautifully

b2f192838ac7854aae7ee36a0bc1f350.jpg

I realise you mean the pillar drill, but I have one of those hammers and I love it.

ED65":3ewtzkqp said:
MarkDennehy":3ewtzkqp said:
Ah go on, spill!
I paid more than a few tenners for my Woden and that was not in what you'd call pristine nick. Secondhand vices are not exactly thick on the ground here are they? :|

£70 in the end. Plus the shipping, which will wind up coming to £17 for the UK side and then either €3.50 or €25 for the UK->Ireland leg, depending on whether or not the seller's package weighs under 20kg. I'm not holding my breath on that one. But I just got so hacked off at the mess with the 52½E that I just bit the bullet (as opposed to waiting around for weeks for something at a better price while the bench sat in the shed in pieces, mocking me).

And no, second-hand tools of any kind are in short supply over here. I guess the furniture-making industry died off in Dublin after the heyday in the 18th and 19th centuries and never recovered. I mean, we have what, two woodworking shops in the entire country? Lots of builders merchants from the boom years, and for power tools and the building trade, there are a few more than two shops, but if you want to buy (say) titebond II or a marking knife or a block plane, you have one of the shops on Capel street and the online Carpentry Shop in limerick and not a whole lot else really.

Bought a while back, but only finally arrived today:

2016-06-14-19.34.21a.jpg

2016-06-14-19.34.07a.jpg

Dictum's largest ryoba and their 3-piece compact set. Bit extravagant, but I've been using a ryoba for the last while on various things and it's a complete joy to use. Cuts exactly where I expect it to and goes through a 2x4 in under twelve seconds leaving a really smooth cut. And that was just a relatively cheap ryoba off ebay. I'm hoping for good things from these, they feel a lot better in the hand (better balance, nicer finish) and the blade looks better quality. And if it'd stop sodding raining for a while here, I might get to try it...

Had this for as long as I can remember and has finally broken beyond repair. I like the new quick blade change mechanism.

Record 722, Stanley 60½, 8 of the cheap aluminium sash clamps and some screwdriver brace bits; all bought over the last six weeks but they did the bus trick in the post and all showed up on the same day...

MarkDennehy":3qlziepr said:
Record 722, Stanley 60½, 8 of the cheap aluminium sash clamps and some screwdriver brace bits; all bought over the last six weeks but they did the bus trick in the post and all showed up on the same day...
I did the trick of inserting wood in the gap of the cheap clamps - worked a treat in stiffening them up

I bought a Festool CTL 36 E dust extractor, OF 1400 router and DF 500 domino today from the Axminster store in High Wycombe. This was made possible with a voucher and some gift cards. The only reason I opted for the 36 over the 26 was to make full use of the voucher so £225 discount rather than £100 discount. The only difference between them would be size and the volume of the "tank" and bag.
Interestingly the DF 500 package did not qualify for the voucher at £757 but the basic package at £605 do qualify so I had to spend another £221.24 but with much more dominos and more important all the cutters. so now there are 2260 domino's.
I am happy since this is my second purchase of Festool products, the 1st being the TS 55 R.

Thanks you Lonsdale 73 , a member on this forum who supplied me with the voucher.

just a small tiny makita DLS110z

ok. i tell a like. its a beast.......

and its cordless :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D :D

prepping for a new house, so just got delivered a set of Blum jigs from isaac lord and a fuji mini mite 4 gxpc

Back