What price for Iroko? = is this a rip off?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this a rip-off?

I wouldn't have said so. A 'rip-off' suggests misrepresentation or other fraudulent behaviour. Simply being more expensive than a competitor does not a 'rip-off' make.

In a free-market economy one would hope and expect to find different prices. To find otherwise would be evidence of a cartel at work.

It is the job of the customer to ensure he gets the best value for money by shopping around. It is the job of the supplier to make the biggest profits he can.

Sorry to be pedantic but it does bug me somewhat when people refer to one asking price being higher than another as being a 'rip-off'. It isn't - it's all part of the natural order of things in a market economy.

You know, now that you mention it Rip off was the wrong term to use. I use the timber yard often and they are normally very good value. Using that term done them a disservice.

Also I think I know why it is expensive. It is farmed out to another supplier. Interesting thing was when I asked for a sawn price I was told it would be the same.

So there we go same price for sawn as for par

I have got the price down to £150 or so now dor sawn

As said above I have got the price down to £150 approx but I would like to add, not with the same company.

Cheers alan

Back