What happened to...?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironballs

Established Member
Reaction score
...Rich

I just realised that there have been a few contentious topics in this section recently and not seen him once. Is he on a long holiday or did he decide that he actually wanted to be a on a political ranting forum?

Can't answer your specific question Damian, but it does seem to happen that some members just dissapear for a long time, then re-appear out of nowhere (I saw a thread by Smudger recently, who hasn't otherwise posted in a long time).

Cheers

Karl

His computer's broke, also he's joined us bad back sufferers and can't sit.
Like some of the other sufferers he's finding that the NHS is slow to move, like Rich at the moment.
But it's certainly quiet without him and 'puddy cat!'

Roy.

Don't worry folks, I'm still about, just, but you can't get rid of a bad penny that easily. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rich.

Thanks for the reply, Woodmagnet, (Kevin) I have been off work with severe sciatica, (2 displaced discs) since mid march, I am recieving SSP at present and things are not easy, my laptop packed up and I borrow my youngest lads when he is willing to let me, hence my not being on the forum regularly, I am promised an epidural on the 12th of november, and hopefull return to work and earn some real dosh and get back to normality, so much for New labours NHS improvements, some say I should go private, but after having paid into the scheme for over 40 years, I am certainly not going to pay twice, ah, well, such is life. :wink:

Rich. :)

Hope the epidural works for you Rich, i'm waiting
for a pre-op appointment for my neck/shoulder
problem. It's finally been diagnosed as a collapsed
disc (c6-c7), the disc is pressing on the root nerve
in my spinal cord (i think :?), the nerve goes to my
shoulder. :( . I'll have a google and try to find a
piccy of it.
Just remembered i already have this one :oops:
http://catalog.nucleusinc.com/enlargeex ... 79&TC=&A=2

Being a fellow sufferer whose Sciatica is getting worse I have no intention of attempting to minimise your suffering chaps, but I will venture this point.
You all are in line to receive some form of helpful procedures, me? I'm too old! The NHS don't want to know!

Roy.

That's terrible Roy, i know from my own
problem that if there was no end in sight
i would'nt be able to bear it, even now
i have day's when i could end it all. The
only thing that does keep me going is the
love from my wife, kid's and grandkid's.
I'm taking that much medication now i
can barely function most day's, i can't
sleep because of pain, i am constantly
tired because i can't sleep and this goes
on day after day afer day it really has
worn me down so much i can hardly be
bothered to get dressed or wash, even
eating is a chore. I'm surprised i'm even
typing for this long, as lately i don't post
much any more because even though i
want to i can't be bothered. Anyway the
painkiller's are kicking in so i'll go up and
try to get some sleep as they only last
for 2 hours(if that).

I'm due to see my GP but I can't see him this month!
I try to get by without meds for, as I imagine you know, the side effects can be pretty rough.
The only thing that docs say is 'keep moving', fine! But at the moment clambering over kitrchen units, tearing down ceilings and climbing onto roofs is probably taking things too far, but WTF are we supposed to do?
I might be nearly 70 but I'm still not ready for carpet slippers and the Times by the fireside!
I find certain exercises from my physio help get me moving Ken but two weeks ago I couldn't even stand up straight!
I try not to complain as it was from back treatment that my cancer was found. Funny old world isn't it?

Roy.

Digit":zkpvl54h said:
I'm due to see my GP but I can't see him this month!
I try to get by without meds for, as I imagine you know, the side effects can be pretty rough.
The only thing that docs say is 'keep moving', fine! But at the moment clambering over kitrchen units, tearing down ceilings and climbing onto roofs is probably taking things too far, but WTF are we supposed to do?
I might be nearly 70 but I'm still not ready for carpet slippers and the Times by the fireside!
I find certain exercises from my physio help get me moving Ken but two weeks ago I couldn't even stand up straight!
I try not to complain as it was from back treatment that my cancer was found. Funny old world isn't it?

Roy.

THC is good for back pain DAMHIKT - you can get it from your doctor if he thinks your pain is serious enough but its also the active ingredient in this herbal stuff that allededly get from dodgy geezers in certain public houses

Back