• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Tacwise 18g Mains Finish Nail Gun

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainBarnacles

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had this for about 10 years, I bought it new, and it's had very little use. It's always worked fine for me but I recently loaned it to a friend and he said it tripped his electrics when he fired it. I've tried it a few times since and it's been fine for me.

I'm trying to be completely honest as don't want to scam anyone so I'm essentially selling this as "sold as seen". As I said, it's always worked 100% for me.

It looks like they are about £120+ new, given the question mark over it's functionality I'm only asking £35 inc. UK mainland delivery. I may still have some nails for it, if I can find them I'll throw them in as well.

IMG_8549.jpg

Last edited:
Hi I have one exactly the same it trips my electrics if I put on one of my old 16 amp radial circuits but if on a 32amp ring main it’s fine. I guess quite a surge when it fires

Hi I have one exactly the same it trips my electrics if I put on one of my old 16 amp radial circuits but if on a 32amp ring main it’s fine. I guess quite a surge when it fires
Just found this on Tacwise website

My electric nailer / stapler is tripping the circuit breaker in my home / workshop when I fire it.
The larger (50mm) electric nailers and staplers draw a considerable current (amperage) at the point of firing. You can remove one or more electrical products which are also plugged in and this may solve the problem. Alternatively, you will need to upgrade your fuse/circuit breaker

Ahh, that's interesting.
Shoot! That means it's working fine and I've sold it too cheaply :LOL: .

Back