What are they teaching in history classes?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Digit":98z66l28 said:
I can't fathom how I found time to work as well.

Funny you should say that Roy, I chucked the day job at 55 and now work only about one day a week and I thought i would be bored but in fact I am so busy the weeks fly by. I've never been wondering what to do and the beauty is it's all fun and interesting - Well nearly all, I have been known to chuck the odd bit of wood across the workshop but you can do that with wood, when I was a wage slave I wanted so many times to do that with people but it seems there's some law against it :lol:

Smudger":icuxjnp4 said:
But that isn't the problem - it's quite easy to deal with serious misbehaviour. The problem is what we call low-level disruption, time wasting and energy sapping, draining away the education of the good kids in the class.

Thanks for expanding on the funding thing, I still say that the council should pay the school X and not interfere, if a pupil is expelled then it surely wouldn't be long before his place is taken up with some other kid.

Anyway, what was more interesting to me was the bit about low level disruption, I must admit that, as an outsider I always thought the biggest problems would be the serious misbehaviour. Either way I still couldn't see myself doing the job and I admire the people (like you) who do.

Some people have trouble adjusting to retirement Losos, and I must confess that as I was forced to retire after losing the use of one eye, I was at a loss.
I had planned to do woodwork, but that was supposedly 5 yrs away.
It took 22 months before the consultants were able to inform me that my other eye was safe.
The big problem in the early days was that with only one working eye it's difficult to judge distances, my parking's gone completely to pot, and that's not good with rotating things with big nasty teeth waiting to bite.
But you adjust, you learn other ways to keep your fingers safe, and frankly the extra 5 yrs of retirement that it gave made it worthwhile.
Now if the weather would just dry up--.

Roy.

Back