Wardrobe door

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have used Blum Face Fix Concealed Hinge to hang a wardrobe but the back of the door is binding on the face frame when opened. I have re-used the door from another wardrobe which was fitted overlay hinges. Any suggestions on how to overcome this problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Suggs

Assuming your door is now inset you need to adjust the screw on the centre of the hinge arm to pull it(the door) away from the frame.
If the door is still overlayed then loosen the screw on the back of the hinge arm to pull the door outwards from the frame.
Remember to do all of the hinges on the door.

Dom

Dom face fix are the ones that mount onto the "FACE" of a face frame.

The face fix hinges require the hole to be placed very close to the edge of the door, usually at least 2mm less than if using carcase mounted Blums. If I recall 3mm edge distance is the max, 2mm is better particularly if there is no edge radius.

Only option is to try and "move" the hole, either redrill new holes in a different position or make a jig for use with a router and guide bush to elongate the hole.

Jason

Hi Suggs,

You may have an odd (arm crank or plate thickness) blum hinge or mounting plate which can give you this problem...... When the door is closed is there a gap between the back of the door and the edge of the carcase? should be about 2-3 mm, this usually matches the door buffers on the closing edge.

The hinge cups are normally 5mm from the edge of the door and the mounting plate fixings screws should be 37mm from the edge of the carcase.

Pasul

Dom, there is no adjustment away from the carcase with face fix, just sideways or up/down.

Paul, as I have said the face fix are not the same as regular concealed hinges, the plates mount on th efront of a faceframe not the carcase

This is the type of hinge we are talking about.

Jason

Dom

The correct response was Doh! (homer) :wink:

Scrit

Back