Wadkin PK restoration finished (just about)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markturner

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, you may remember I posted a while back a link to the canadian woodworking vintage power tools forum where both myself and wallace hang out - it's Grand Wadkin central.

I never managed to re post all the descriptions etc from my restoration over here, but you can read the full story there at: https://forum.canadianwoodworking.com/s ... -London-UK

But as I have just about finished it, I thought you old iron fans here might want to see a condensed version and some shots of the finished article: ( Cant guarantee they are all in the correct order, but you will get the jist...)

So it went from this:

Via this:

To be continued.........

Brilliant restoration, really well done. If only I had the room (& the patience & ability).
Slinger

Absolutely fantastic, a great job and I suspect that you will get all the more satisfaction from it every time you use it.

Absolutely brilliant! I learnt my trade on good, solid stuff like this.
Many thanks for the brilliant pics.
The guy who taught me, 80, now, will be very interested!
Regards Rodders

Hi , thanks for the comments, I have a crown guard that is pretty nice on the new saw I brought, which I will probably use for now. More pictures when fitted, rgds

It's a beauty, would love to have a go at something like this of I had the time and space (and skill)

By the way, Adam ( Rileytoolworks) made the lovely handle on the side of the sliding table, so big thanks to him for helping realize my dream of getting this saw to look like this.

I'm liking the rosewood and brass touch. I was going to make a fence that attached to the quadrant and incorporated a flip stop and a hold down for keeping stuff secure when cutting. Whats next on the restoration list?

I had ideas of incorporating a flip stop and making it bit more "jackified", but lack the facilties to really do it justice. It, s somewhat frustrating
and I am keen to start teaching myself some metalworking to fill this gap. Next on my shopping list is a small lathe and a milling machine!

I have the saw I brought from seaward to work on next, although the problem is, I wont want to sell it.....good job, I just took on another unit in my street, so at least I have the space.

Latest posts

Back