Wadkin PK restoration

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The crown guard had some holes drilled into it and some damage, so I thought I would try and braze it.

Uc4R6YE.jpg

As I was brazing I noticed a hair line crack appear. I think it would of been better doing it with the mig using bronze wire, then their wouldn't have been so much heat.

lceqF4G.jpg

A bit fugly

zJx0cV7.jpg

The nose piece was missing but I had one in my stash.

pnVCilU.jpg

sINlrVL.jpg

9CV0cHa.jpg

eQ4lZZn.jpg

This must of been off a smaller saw because the bar is too small for a pk, luckily again I had a longer one in my stash

yn7P6nL.jpg

mRHS5YQ.jpg

I needed a table stop for the slider

UjMuoLl.jpg

The knurled knob is not my work, I had a batch of them done off doubleboosts pal who does the cnc stuff

GigXfAt.jpg

XqYBdtU.jpg

ESCUB1Z.jpg

VWsLmO9.jpg

et6UDIK.jpg

rA7YjfJ.jpg

No presests in the table

yUWxgxn.jpg

O6ZT8lU.jpg

g3GDJut.jpg

XbwY0lu.jpg

5YKb1k6.jpg

ZW0IhsN.jpg

et6UDIK.jpg

IeA3qIm.jpg

vCQ7qBr.jpg

qTPfm54.jpg

IOfpytG.jpg

We need some COVID therapy!!! Any more progress on the PK. You don’t know how much we appreciate your build progress. I went to take a picture the other day and when I looked at it, it wasn’t my machine work…. It was bloody me! So keep camera out of my hands! LOL

I am curious about how the way system looks as it’s first generation.

Nice finish. Did you use RAL 7011 ?

I’ve read this while I should have been getting my twins (4) ready for school there was utter chaos going on but kept I kept in reading , thanks very much for the post

Back