Vacuum / Dust Collector Replacement for Trend T30AF

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjb

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My Trend T30AF vacuum has died after many years of reliable service so I'm looking for a decent replacement. I looked at the T31A which has replaced the T30AF, but it doesn't look as good and some reviews are rather negative so I'm wondering what alternatives I should consider. I want something with good suction and filtration for MDF dust. My budget is flexible, but don't want to spend more than necessary. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Richard.

I have the Numatic NVD750, it is an excellent vacuum. They do a single motor version NV750 which is cheaper, both can take HEPA filters. Both now come on a trolley, at least they do from Axminster. More expensive than a Trend but less than a Festool.

I use it to power a workshop extraction system, I have 100mm with gates going about 15m and it still has loads of suction.

Any vacuum with a Numatic 4BH filter bag cut open and put over the collection canister will improve its dust collection way beyond any other means, see page seven here: http://www.axminster.co.uk/media/downlo ... manual.pdf if you have a Numatic and use a filter bag on the inlet you effectively have four filters, keeps the MDF dust inside mine when sanding, but I use a much bigger Hepa filter machine when routing and sawing MDF.

Mike

I also have a much smaller numatic WV470 wet and dry that I use when working out of the workshop, works a treat and as Mike says. takes HEPA bags so pretty efficient at filtering fine particles.

Thanks for replies. The Numatic vacs do look like a good option. I also have a separate Camvac fixed setup so I think the smaller Numatic machine would meet my requirements as a replacement for the T30. I like the idea of using the Numatic filter bags ..I'd like to improve the filtration on my Camvac so may try this.

Back