Ummm. How do you deal with this one?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's disgusting and absolutely no excuse except for being downright lazy imho. Takes 30 seconds so what's the problem with anyone failing to do so?

I certainly wouldn't put up with it and I'd be blunt hence my suggestion to stick up a notice and if that didn't work I'd tell him straight. easy to be blunt without being nasty.
If he's a decent lad he'll be anxious to make a good impression on his partners' parents, so do him and yourselves a favour and help him do that - by telling him. (hammer).

I also get annoyed when people walk out of public toilets without washing their hands and have been known to tell them. No bl**dy wonder we're using far to many antibiotics! :evil:

Rant over :)

This is 100% true, I've just watched my dog take a number 2 on the lawn and come straight back in and eat his breakfast . The filthy mut didn't even wipe his backside! Tonight that backside will probably be sat on my lap watching t.v- absolutely disgusting :)
I've seen a full blown family argument whilst visiting a zoo before because the father had forgot to pack the disinfectant spray.Crikey how did we ever manage before everything became so sterile !
When I was a kid I'd be eating wild strawberries and blackberry's from the hedges, other kids had to wait for them to be washed when they got home. We're only on this earth a very short time, live dangerously :p

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

In a hotel restroom, I once saw a guy washing his thumb and index finger only.
Talk about minimalism...

JandK":1siolqna said:
There is less bacteria on toilet seats than on lift buttons..........

That's because some pr**k has come straight from the toilet into the lift #-o

I've always thought that you can tell quite a lot about someone based on whether they wash hands before/during/after/not-at-all when relieving themselves...

Probably apocryphal, but:

Young man [after seeing Churchill leave the bathroom without washing his hands]:
At Eton, they taught us to wash our hands after using the toilet.

Churchill: At Harrow, they taught us not to water on our hands.

I thinks it's bloody disgusting and I hope you don't kiss your daughter when you greet her either!

phil.p":3osojcm3 said:
Maybe it's because we're obsessively clean? :)

There is of course some truth in that Phil.

However: If somebody perversley want me to touch their d*ck, Id much rather be asked (so I can refuse :lol: ) than be forced to indirectly without my knowledge with a shake of the hand. #-o

I'm part of a medical family, in fact the only 2 who aren't are myself and my son. With 3 nurses plus my wife now retired, 1 GP and a retired surgeon and his wife a retired matron. I think you'd get short shrift from all of them. Maybe the surgeon shouldn't have bothered washing his hands before carrying out heart operations!

I wonder how many people getting neurotic about hand washing use dishcloths? They are proven in many cases to be absolutely loaded with germs, as are unclean tea towels.

Absolutely spot on Phil but it doesn't change things, one wrong doesn't make a right! My missus changes dishcloths and tea towels every day, drives me nuts 'cos she often forgets to put out the new ones. :lol: I usually don't notice until I've washed my hands and find no handtowel within reach. :roll:

Generally in my experience, people who I consider have poor hygene in one area often have the same attitude across the board.

phil.p":2wgeqcao said:
We always use the cheap throwaway sponge scourers (which are useful in a 'shop sometimes). My sister was a theatre sister and she always said the worst people for not keeping their hands clean were ... consultants.

We do the same as you Phil and I pinch all the scrubbers well before they're worn out. The dishcloths are used for wiping surfaces with the appropriate spray stuff but she uses disposable cloths as well.

Interesting about consultants as I've met a lot socially over the years and it's not my experience. The worst people by a country mile though are the "overseas" docs in the hospitals. One example was a junior doc from Malaya who shared a kitchen with my daughter in the nurses home. She would cook a huge pan of rice at a weekend and it would last her the whole week. It stood on the bench and she'd warm up the whole pan every time she wanted some. Must have had a cast iron stomach. It's a culture difference in attitudes. Some of the cleanest I've come across are Indians and the worst by far the Chinese.

I was in the plastics industry many moons ago and the local authority would tip me the wink in advance of them raiding all the local takaways so I'd stock up with wall cladding materials. The establishments I was called out to afterwards were stomach churning and put me off for life. :shock:

One thing I'm still trying to get to grips with and that is ...

flanajb":2vx8op4d said:
My daughter's boyfriend is a really nice guy, but has an annoying habit of not washing his hands after go to the toilet :-(

My wife and I have both noticed it, but no idea what to say. It's grosd and driving us both nuts.

They are with us for a week too.

...what is your wife doing in the loo at the same time as he is ? :lol:

We used to have a guy repair commercial kitchen equipment who had a tripod rigged up over an incinerator in his back garden. He used to replace motors on kebab spits in the takeaways and take the old one and hang it over a smokey fire to get the cockroaches out before stripping it down. He reckoned he'd never had a motor from a takeaway that wasn't full of cockroaches. My friend mentioned this to his cousin, who was an EHO and his cousin said they didn't bother with the takeaways as they were immediately accused of racism. (This was a few years ago).

Bob - One of the commonest causes of food poisoning in takeaways is reheated rice due to the protein content being high. We had several cases in our area 12 or 13 years ago of food poisoning caused by lettuce. They were Spanish, and as there was a water shortage in Spain some farmers had decided it was a good idea to water their lettuce with raw sewage.

phil.p":3f7s9xff said:
Bob - One of the commonest causes of food poisoning in takeaways is reheated rice due to the protein content being high. We had several cases in our area 12 or 13 years ago of food poisoning caused by lettuce. They were Spanish, and as there was a water shortage in Spain some farmers had decided it was a good idea to water their lettuce with raw sewage.

Agreed rice is one of the main culprits unfortunately as the spores present are not always killed during cooking and when left at room temp they grow dangerous bacteria. From memory though I thought rice was quite low in protein, must look that up.

My experiences with the restaurants and takeaways was a long time ago but the main causes were several.

A serious lack of cleanliness with build up of grease and dirty cloths.
Waste food not cleaned up or disposed of properly leading to cockroach and rat infestations.
Raw meat in contact with cooked food
Stored food left in the open instead of a fridge, they were often broken anyway.
AND.... poor or non existant hand washing and toilet facilities.

I forgot to mention my medical family also has two microbiologists who at that time worked in the Newcastle labs. We had a black list of where not to eat some of which would have raised a few eyebrows.

Not surprised at the bbc report as surely the wc is the most cleaned place in most households as it should be. Still doesn't make me want to "shake hands" with yours or anyone elses' penis though. No offence intended Phil. :lol: :lol:

Edit: More than I thought tbh but still only around 5 grams per 150 so not that high.

Lons":1cyt2k1p said:
Agreed rice is one of the main culprits unfortunately as the spores present are not always killed during cooking and when left at room temp they grow dangerous bacteria. From memory though I thought rice was quite low in protein, must look that up.

As I recall the spores need much higher temperatures to destroy them, and the toxins the bacteria produce aren't affected by heat at all. If you're going to reheat rice it needs to be cooled very quickly after the first cooking.

I thought rice had about the same protein content as potatoes - around 2-3%.

Back