UKW - Sharpening Bonanza Get Together

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Roger,
Are there any other people on the waiting list as I'm snowed under visiting elderly parents in hospitals around the country at the moment and I don't want to let you down at the last minute and so would prefer someone else to have my place?
John

Hi All,

Well it isnt that long now til the sharpening event and I have just PM'd all those who have requested places with specific details of time, location etc.

If you believe you should have a place and I havnt sent you a pm please contact me - its probably my mistake!!!

Looking forward to meeting you all shortly!!

Rog

As mentioned in my PM JHWBigley had to withdraw from demonstrating Japanese Water Stones at the event but please put your hand together for Mr Fisher Dodd (AkA Adidat) of this Parish who has stepped forward and offered to demonstrate Japanese Stones in his place.

=D> =D> =D> Well done that man!!!

Dodge":2rnkdtjl said:
As mentioned in my PM JHWBigley had to withdraw from demonstrating Japanese Water Stones at the event but please put your hand together for Mr Fisher Dodd (AkA Adidat) of this Parish who has stepped forward and offered to demonstrate Japanese Stones in his place.

=D> =D> =D> Well done that man!!!

Thank you Adidat! =D>

I am very sorry for being unable to attend, but very glad that there was someone willing to take my place.

Thanks again Adidat

JH

Oh yes it will, it's a Very big door! and thank you every one who has made arrangements to come, it should hopefully be a good day out.

Two available now.

Unfortunately your p.m. received this morning flagged up a clash for me. A decree has been issued that I must attend my mother-in-law's 60th birthday lunch on that day on pain of death or worse. Actually, we get on OK and she's younger than I am.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

p.s Can you repeat the event next year or will everybody except me then know everything there is to know about sharpening?

Ok folks, a few people have dropped out of this event over the last few days so there are some places available if anyone else wishes to attend!!

PM me if you would like a place!

Rog

Roger, :idea:
Could I suggest that if people attending have any work that they have made, I.E. for the box competition or turning challenge or anything else for that matter, that they would like to bring along to show off for the day I could make space for a small adhock exhibition.
What do you think? is it do-able? if we did this, it would help if people could let me know how much space they would need etc.

Chrispy":akow3qwu said:
Roger, :idea:
Could I suggest that if people attending have any work that they have made, I.E. for the box competition or turning challenge or anything else for that matter, that they would like to bring along to show off for the day I could make space for a small adhock exhibition.
What do you think? is it do-able? if we did this, it would help if people could let me know how much space they would need etc.

That's a nice idea Chris: would you have space for a mad chair that wants to be a set of steps?

IMG_1508.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

Excellent idea Chris, if anyone would like to bring an item please post a photo on here in order that Chris and I know how much space is needed - Reckon I should be able to bring a mahogany longcase!!

Question ???? why is it when someone puts on an event and lots rush to get there name down and nearer the time of the event, loads drop out? We all have diarys that we put things in, how about checking them first before making the commitment, especially if it is a weekend!

Just my thought

With the event just round the corner - well next weekend to be precise (Saturday 11th May) I have unfortunately had a few individuals drop out for various reasons so there are now a few spare places available.

If you would like a place for the sharpening event please pm me.

Lets hope that we don't have many more drop out!!! :( :(

Back