UKW - Sharpening Bonanza Get Together

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dodge":1oeb3k8b said:
With the event just round the corner - well next weekend to be precise (Saturday 11th May) I have unfortunately had a few individuals drop out for various reasons so there are now a few spare places available.

If you would like a place for the sharpening event please pm me.

Lets hope that we don't have many more drop out!!! :( :(

Bearing in mind the way the current flattening thread has gone, might be a good idea to stock up on plasters and bandages! :lol:

One week to go update!

As some people will be travelling quite a distance to attend this event I thought I would say there is a small cafe a few yards from my workshop where you can get breakfast/lunch. but on a Saturday morning he can be quite busy with regulars from the local firms but you can book food in advance either when you arrive or better still give him a few days notice as 40+ bacon rolls without warning and some one will go hungry. #-o
So if you Know that you will be over come to temptation by the smell of frying bacon could you let me know I can e-mail a copy of his menu and you can pre book your snack/meal. :idea:

Tea coffee and biscuits will be on hand all day in the workshop anyway. :wink:

Sorry to put this so late guys but anyone going to the sharpening bonanza south of M5 junction 13 could anyone of you great guys give me a lift as my lift who usually takes me anyway (the wife) had let me down and said she can no longer do it so if anyone can give me a lift I would be very grateful and of course share the petrol costs.
The only thing is you might need a little room for my small wheel chair but it comes apart quite easily and does not take up to much room.
If anyone can help please message or pm me or email me at [email protected] as I really do not want to miss this for anything.
Thanks Tim

Chrispy":21xn36nv said:
One week to go update!

As some people will be travelling quite a distance to attend this event I thought I would say there is a small cafe a few yards from my workshop where you can get breakfast/lunch. but on a Saturday morning he can be quite busy with regulars from the local firms but you can book food in advance either when you arrive or better still give him a few days notice as 40+ bacon rolls without warning and some one will go hungry. #-o
So if you Know that you will be over come to temptation by the smell of frying bacon could you let me know I can e-mail a copy of his menu and you can pre book your snack/meal. :idea:

Tea coffee and biscuits will be on hand all day in the workshop anyway. :wink:

I might take the trip now, you didn't say free biscuits!!!!..... Seriously, will you be taking pics or a vid for the forum to see?....please :D

After several people dropping out over the last few days we now have 11 spaces available for the event next Saturday - I must admit I am rather disappointed by the number who have pulled out as we obviously want the event to be a success and worthwhile.

If there are any members out there who would like to come along and make up the shortfall in numbers please PM me ASAP

Roger

riclepp,

As one who pulled out despite having this firmly in my diary and time set aside I did so because my wife has to attend, at short notice, a hospital cancer dept check up that day. I hope this is sufficient reason for you.

Al

Guys.....lets not second guess the reasons people change their plans eh??

I think that last poster has adequately illustrated that there are many legitimate reasons why plans change at short notice.

In the exhibition business, organisers always plan on a proportion of fallout, its just life. Perhaps the old adage engage brain before .......is relevant here.

To beech1948, I hope all goes well for you and your family

SteveB43":35zblod7 said:
Less of a queue for the bacon sarnies? When does the caff shut?
Cheers!

Steve I have a photo of the cafe menu but cos it has the guy's phone number and e-mail address on it for orders I don't feel it's right to post it on a public forum, but if you PM me your e-mail address I can send it on to you and any one else that's coming!

It is a very small cafe so Please pre order if you can he normally closes at 12.30 but he will stay open longer if he knows it will be worth while.

And don't forget to bring a mug for tea/coffee.

beech1948 said:
riclepp,

As one who pulled out despite having this firmly in my diary and time set aside I did so because my wife has to attend, at short notice, a hospital cancer dept check up that day. I hope this is sufficient reason for you.

Al[/quote

Al

I hope your wife's appointment goes well and no offence intended.

phil.p":3dmkk4cy said:
One of the penalties for living out in the sticks is that things like this are always too far away (500 mile round trip). This must apply to many of us, otherwise it would be packed out.

As an Australian, I would consider that a normal weekend picnic! :roll:

Fromey":wqrsq7y0 said:
phil.p":wqrsq7y0 said:
One of the penalties for living out in the sticks is that things like this are always too far away (500 mile round trip). This must apply to many of us, otherwise it would be packed out.

As an Australian, I would consider that a normal weekend picnic! :roll:
:)
:) I don't mind the drive - I do mind the £140 in petrol!

Back