Turning Time in 2009

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
devonwoody":3kt0hktt said:
ChJ, did you use an accelerator with the super glue?
No John, never had the need to use any, or buy any for that matter.

______
________The subject of a WIP, (according to the camera 1hr39.)____Click on image for larger view.
________
________[/color________
________
_______________Beech & Ash

Bodrighy":335tmnwd said:
Chas, why don't you just admit it and confess that you are a closet segmenter. :lol:
Pete
Goes with my split personalities I suppose, never admit to anything.

______
________Two more to the collection.____Click on images for larger view.
________
________ __
________
_______________Beech & Ash____________________Ash

I don't like those Chas :shock: They look a bit weird to me :shock: Especially the one with the bulbous middle :shock:

The one 3 posts above is rather nice though :D and the colours of the timber work really well together.

JT

johnny.t.":1at3arax said:
I don't like those Chas :shock: They look a bit weird to me :shock: Especially the one with the bulbous middle :shock:
JT

That's OK JT, customer did and money is in the piggy bank already. :lol:

______
________Small request for some replacements,____Click on image for larger view.
________
________[/color________
________
_____________Oak Draw Knobs

I've only done a 1/2 dozen of these and they drove me nuts, copying and getting them the same. You have done a much better job than I did by the look of it. The ones I had to do were stained so I had to try and match that as well..

Pete

Must admit I wondered how they would go, I started these about 3 this afternoon after having a rout in the scrap box for some suitable bits of oak and a scan of the pattern and scaled printout to fabricate a cut-out template, in the end though template was not needed other than to note the aiming diameters and length points.

Basically turned to major diameter, marked length guides, reduced sections to prime diameters, blended curves down to meet.

devonwoody":3jbpppo5 said:
So Chas please list the tools I would need to match your output.

You just need the tools the lord provided, a couple of bits of shaped metal to help with the cutting and some practice John. The latter is the most significant.

Remember I have turned out in excess of 1000 bits off the lathe since I started playing, non are masterpieces, most are mundane, but they have honed an ability to set about a task with a good chance of succeeding.

______
________Glass lined Vase, ..____Click on image for larger view.
________

________Got carried away and it turned out too tall for pencils. :whistle:

devonwoody":3v73hbhk said:
....Who benefits from all your wood shavings? :)
These cooler evenings, the local wildlife whilst it slow burns John. :lol:

______
________Another little batch ..____Click on image for larger view.
________

Back