Trying to help my retired joiner dad

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't overstate how grateful I am for the welcoming and incredibly helpful posts. :)

There's been a few mentions of needing the tooling to be worth anything. My lack of knowledge shows in not knowing what that tooling would even consist of, but I will ask my dad about that.

I can't overstate how grateful I am for the welcoming and incredibly helpful posts. :)

There's been a few mentions of needing the tooling to be worth anything. My lack of knowledge shows in not knowing what that tooling would even consist of, but I will ask my dad about that.
Tooling is the different sized and shaped bits that cut the wood. For a drill, tooling would be the drill bits. For the morticer it's the different sized chisels and drills that cut the mortice holes. For the spindle moulder is the different sized cutting blocks and cutters.

Mortice Tooling
1664813279328.jpeg

Spindle tooling
images

Fitz

Still a very strong market for those type of machines i have all 3 phase heavy duty kit like that. Built to last a lifetime.

Pretty much covered everything in the comments. The saw bench, spindle moulder and planer will make half decent money. Find the tags and check what each model sell for on ebay advanced. The planer looks like an RZ which are worth a decent amount £1500. AGS's sell well.
Machine dealers will offer very little, probably less than scrap value.
If you can palletise machines and have access for a pallet courier to collect then the price goes up quite a bit.

Checked with my dad, who says he has got the tooling.
Next step is to find a time to clamber round the workshop myself looking for the model designations. :D

Checked with my dad, who says he has got the tooling.
Next step is to find a time to clamber round the workshop myself looking for the model designations. :D
Take as many pictures as you can and then some more. Plus video. You will always be at slightly the wrong angle for someone!

Hi All

Back with an update. Via the 'friend of a friend' route, my sister has found someone willing to take the whole lot for £2000 - and arrange the removal and shipping himself.

Thanks for all your input. I think on balance, and based on all your advice, this is a good choice. If we tried to find individual buyers for each piece, I suspect we'd end up still with slightly less money than that - and most of the less desirable machines still sitting in his workshop with no-one wanting them.

Latest posts

Back