Newbie looking to learn

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bensox

Reaction score
Hello from South Yorkshire
Been enjoying browsing this forum and glad to see its very active and growing fast. Thanks for letting me in.

I'd started building up a collection of machines around 2019-20, mostly secondhand but had to get rid of most of them and vacate my workspace coming out of the pandemic. I'm currently building a workshop at home using a concrete sectional garage I picked up cheap on ebay, which I hope to line with waney-edge hardwood for warm and aesthetics (and fun!).

When I have that space, I'll be looking for ideas on tool setup, workshop layout and storage ideas. The work I want to do is building stuff from reclaimed timber and off-cuts from the local timber framing companies - so thickness planers, dust extraction, table saws, laminating press maybe. I have an old wide-belt 3 phase sander (Whites Timesaver, Glasgow) in storage which I'll probably sell as only have single phase supply at home.

- I'll be full of questions so I hope I can feed in enough 'help/input' to the group as well!

Cheers!
20240203_shed-base.jpg

Hi and welcome to our sanatorium 🤣
You could opt for a. Phase inverter, single to 3 phase inverter.
Depending on power needed, but up to 4kw are a £2-300 for a decent one, you may not need 4kw and smaller ones available.
If the machine is decent, the inverter is probably a better option than replacing with a single phase machine.

Good look with your build.

Back