Hello

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveC

Reaction score
Hello to all,
I've just joined the forum as I found some very useful posts relating to machines that I am reading about! I am retired and live in France and have just started to try and learn more about wood working! I did a year in school way back and loved it and now I have a little more time I'm trying to make a few things. So it's a pretty steep learning curve.....as I am sure most of you know.

Hello Dave , welcome to the forum , I’ve not been long here myself but i found wealth of knowledge and very helpful

Never to young to learn thats for sure , I’m about to retire at the ripe old age of 55 LOL can see me taking up wood turning as never done that before and poss start a new career

What kind of things are you interested in making

Hi Graham and thanks for your post! I managed to escape at 56 and I’m now 67 and am very fortunate to live in a beautiful part of the world here in the Gers! Well my first project was to make a Bandsaw box from some oak that we had lying around in the barn, a left over from some restoration work we had done. Boy is that stuff hard but so beautiful when you’ve sanded and oiled it! I‘ve now just finished some garden furniture, very simple stuff at this stage but I am already discovering that a Planer Thicknesser would be handy……I think the tool list is going to be very long! Good luck with the wood turning….we’ve got loads of beautiful oak down here! All best Dave

Hello and welcome Dave , start with a few simple projects to get a feel for your skill level and the tools that you have . Only reason I say this is just in case you go wrong as a newcomer it may put you off. Having said that though I have learned most of what I know by making mistakes and finding ways to correct the mistakes. Good luck 🤞

Hello and welcome Dave , start with a few simple projects to get a feel for your skill level and the tools that you have . Only reason I say this is just in case you go wrong as a newcomer it may put you off. Having said that though I have learned most of what I know by making mistakes and finding ways to correct the mistakes. Good luck 🤞
Many thanks for your welcome and sound advice indeed! I am trying to stay simple at the moment…!

Hi Bingy man, many thanks for your welcome…yep it’s a steep learning curve and there isn’t a Santa’s grotto anywhere that can supply the tool list! All best Dave

Many thanks for the welcome Sachakins….I’ve already proved Einstein´s observation more than once!

Back