True or false?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:) What you can do, of course is watch Lidl/Aldi - their stuff comes with good guarantees. Weigh up what you use it for against what you pay - few of us actually NEED a battery job, though they are very handy once in a while. If they fail within guarantee, take them back - if out of guarantee, they've cost you £15 - £20 a year or something. I know people who buy this stuff for work, mainly because it doesn't get nicked. It's not as good as top flight stuff, but heigh ho, balance it against your usage and costs. I had a Wickes own brand 14.4v (Kress, at that time) - I paid £40, used it regularly for more than three years before it packed up - I don't consider £1 a month bad.

...I think Phil.p may be right concerning buying cheaper makes. I was considering buying one of the new Stanley-fat max ones at £99 but was waiting to hear if anyone had one and could give me his opinion but I've noticed now that they are now selling at £150....'think I might of missed a trick there !
I assume all this apply's to the new-ish 10.8v stuff on the market?,I bought the Bosch drill-driver/impact driver kit about a year ago. . . . should I be charging them every few days whether I'm using them or not?

I guess it all comes down to value for money for non professionals like myself,£200-£300 is quite a chunk of my annual budget. P

Back