trend t30 dust bag rip off

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob

New Luddism. Awake and resist!
Reaction score
trend t30 dust bag rip off at £4 each!!
Is there an alternative such as a reusable washable bag? Or paper bags at reasonable prices?

Yes - you can get cheap generic paper bags for some Rowenta vacuums that are a good fit for the Trend T30, they're not as thick or as well made as the Trend bags but they are a lot cheaper, I last bought some 3 years ago and I've lost the labels but I think the two types I tried were:

Rowenta RU42/RU43/RU45 - these bags are BIG, bigger than the T30 but they fit fine and seem to work OK, I'd go for this type.

Rowenta ZR-81/RB50... these fitted but were smaller than the T30 bags and narrower so hung off the inlet rather than sitting on the bottom of the tub.

Get Doug to show you his Dust Deputy. Better than messing about with bags and cheaper in the long run.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Well i make do with a Henry and as his job has been cleaning building stuff since birth there's no way he gets new bags all the time, first time his tummy was full up i cut him open and then duck taped him up after, 8 years and one bag so far. If he starts complaining i'll pull that smiley face off :lol:

Dean

DMF":2rjjpssx said:
Well i make do with a Henry and as his job has been cleaning building stuff since birth there's no way he gets new bags all the time, first time his tummy was full up i cut him open and then duck taped him up after, 8 years and one bag so far. If he starts complaining i'll pull that smiley face off :lol:

Dean
You skinflint you! :roll:

Hate to think what condition your underwear is in.

Jacob":2kmgpzs6 said:
DMF":2kmgpzs6 said:

Dean
You skinflint you! :roll:

Hate to think what condition your underwear is in.

Don't start flirting with me too :lol:

Anyway he's happy with his old bag, first time i did it i just made one nice vertical cut, make a big patch where you can curl curl the tape round the cut edges then you have reinforced the cut bit and have a bit to stick a fresh bit of tape to and cover the wound up after each time, you'd be amazed how much new under things you can buy then, but i won't be showing you mine no matter how much you try sweet talking me :lol:

Dean

Back